Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Which stock should I buy first?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this is the worst wait period I have ever had for a gun. I was never this excited to pick up an AR-15 or handgun... And to make it worse, the tech sights that were supposed to arrive the same day I picked up my 795, have arrived early, almost as if to taunt me and torrure me until I get my 795. I think I'm excited for it because its a project gun, and those are always the most amusing purchases.

What's sad is that I'm already saving up to buy 2 more. One more for me and one for the wife's first gun.

Ill make a project thread after it arrives, for now I need help on which stock to buy. I know I'm buying 2 stocks for sure, the badger m22, and a Boyd's stock. The only decision is, which one first?

Reactions: cwlongshot

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's always fun building your own. I kinda like the badger for fun but the Boyd's if youre looking to drive tacks at the range.
Either one will look good.
I might have to look into changing the looks of my daughters 795.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm also thinking the badger because it utilizes the stock trigger. I could even install the dip trigger in the badger and have a cool little bullpup for the zombie apocalypse that is still accurate. Plus I'm thinking of using Williams fire sights for the badger. I already bought tech sights and I'm really excited to try them, I'm just worried about their position when trying to get a cheekweld with the badger.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well... is it free???

I also like the badger M-22 stock...to me this is a fun gun. Not needed to be a tack driver. My 880SQ does that for me. ;) I have the scope mount on order and probably will fit mine with a red dot. The stock will be ordered next week.

Good luck and let us know what you get!!

CW

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's the trigger pull on your badger? Plz post pix too if its not too much of a problem. I've become something of a 795 fiend...

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
Wood it always my first choice. I like laminate but rather have harwood over laminate and any wood over plastic. If I were a hunter, plastic is what I would use but since I do not hunt, wood it is.

James

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well... is it free???

I also like the badger M-22 stock...to me this is a fun gun. Not needed to be a tack driver. My 880SQ does that for me. ;) I have the scope mount on order and probably will fit mine with a red dot. The stock will be ordered next week.

Good luck and let us know what you get!!

CW
Badger trigger is wonderful! As clean as many of my expensive bolt guns. Breaks about 2# and CLEANLY!

It's a great gun I have with me daily. Lets see if photo buck is iPhone friendly today...

It's a good shooter too! This is only 50'

CW

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Dude that's just too funny. Though your post had nothing to do with my question (your thinking of the chiappa little badger, I'm talking about the badger m22 stock for the 795) you did answer a big question of mine. I haven't been able to see the chiappa in person and you answered a question I never thought to ask on this forum. I must have one for the truck.

On a side note I fit 275 rounds of ammo into the stock. I'm just going to leave it in there til the zombie squirrels attack....

·
Registered
240 Posts
LOL... too many badgers too little time. ::)

My badger stock came in too..

I installed a Badger M-22 bullpup stock to my Marlin 795. I also installed a Tru-GLOW 2X red dot.

CW

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How's the cheekweld with the badger m22? That's the only thing that has kept me from purchasing it as of now. I can't figure out if I can comfortably use my tech sights

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ya know I was a lil conserned too. But I jumped in anyhow. It's pretty quick and fairly comfortable. Your cheek is on the edge of the receiver kinda hanging off end. With zero eye relief conserns you just shoulder and shoot my eye lines right up real quick with zero corrections.

Only complaint is trigger and I expected that. But think I can help with a lil bending and tweaking.

CW

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow that's what I was hoping to hear. Do you think if I mounted the rear tech sight at the end of the receiver that attaches to the barrel, I would comfortably be able to use them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.