Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the first Marlin .17 Mach 2 today that was ordered at the local shop. Model 917 with the heavy barrel $230.00 ..Ammo ,Hornady $7.50
a box..
Topped it with a set of extra high Leipold rings and a old 24X MOA fine
crosshair Tasco Target scope i had laying around..

This should be a great addition to my collection of Marlin bolt action rimfires.. :):)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Another new round that is great for late season squierrels is the 22 long rifle. People have been using it for 100 years without much trouble. The HM2 or Aquila isn'nt really any quieter or more accurate than the HMR .
The HMR will go to 100 yards easy. In this case Sarge is full of it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
oldfart said:
In this case Sarge is full of it.
All I know is, I aint gonna argue with a squirrel hunter that limits out with a open site Romanian Trainer :!: :)

Patm41

How do you like that new T900 trigger?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did get a chuckle out of Old Farts post, Diversity is the spice of life,,with guns any way...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Oh heck.....I admit it......I'm probably gonna pick up an HM2 myself one of these days....grumble, grumble........humph!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Sounds like a very fair price for a H-B Pat M. Lookin forward to game and range reports. don't forget to try some of the Aguila .17 in it....

Congrads on the new Marlin!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just sighted it in ,, if its not windy this weekend ill take it out and do some
playing with it... as far as the trigger goes i cannot tell much difference from the other marlins rimfires i own,, (25N,25NM,17VS) all have stock triggers but this new MR2 is a First for me with the new trigger..

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Old Fart: The 17 Aguila is quieter than M2, HMR, 22 WMR, and most 22LR HV. I had to test it once and these are metered results. Just an FYI. ~Andrew

·
Registered
251 Posts
Andrew said:
Old Fart: The 17 Aguila is quieter than M2, HMR, 22 WMR, and most 22LR HV. I had to test it once and these are metered results. Just an FYI. ~Andrew

Well....if you say so......I'm not AGAINST anything new....it's just that the 22 does a great job and has for a very long time. If I get bored......I go read a new book or take a nap......much cheaper!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I love the 22LR and own a slew of them. I just set up a rifle for use with sub-sonic 22lR rounds, only, and have been putting in alot of field time with it. A nap? For me it's hard to get bored shooting a twenty-two! There's always another brand or variety of 22LR round to try. ~Andrew

·
Registered
145 Posts
I Lub my mach2 rible!

I have a NEF sportster that shoots hm2 like a champ...odd thing, it won't even group the aguilla at all. A super fun rifle for a super low price, my kind of gun.

I have a feeling Oldfart has been saving his change for the mach2 since july 04. LOL

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
What Andrew said:

Ditto for me also...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts