Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a 336SC .35 Rem yesterday, Serial Number is GXXX, It is excellent condition. Did some research found that the year of manufacture was 1950, and that was the year they introduced the .35 Rem in the 336. Also had an original Marlin sling. It has been fired a couple of times, but has been sitting in a soft case for the last sixty years. The bluing is 98-99%, and the wood is in great shape except for a indetation in the forearm that I might be able to lift out. Got a couple of questions, was the Lyman 56 factory mounted? And is there a guestimate of value for insurance purposes? Also why is the trigger so much better that the later Marlins, it does not flop around?

Attached are the photos

Raine

Attachments

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Llyman not factory mounted,neither were the sling swivels.The trigger is a one piece trigger instead of two.How do you know the sling is Marlin???it looks to be pretty clean,I would insure for$600.00

·
Registered
430 Posts
Looks to me like the sling has the Marlin logo pressed into the leather. I'd call it a Marlin sling !!

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Clicking on the photo brings up a larger image. Makes it a lot easier on the eyes. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners. That is a nice looking 336 SC. I like the early models the best and it's an SC model in the 35 Rem., also my favorite.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Nice Rifle, and thank you for the pictures.

Welcome from California!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice rifle, enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've found one of these in the next town over. Marlin 336sc 35 cal. Their asking $400.00. I'm no gun expert. There is noticeable wear on fore stock. Bluing look good. I keep going back and forth,thinking on getting it.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Welcome. The gun looks refinished to me. Probably had both the wood and bluing redone.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I've found one of these in the next town over. Marlin 336sc 35 cal. Their asking $400.00. I'm no gun expert. There is noticeable wear on fore stock. Bluing look good. I keep going back and forth,thinking on getting it.
Stop thinking and start driving. The SC in a 35 is one a lot of us would like to find, but can't, and at that price, ya can't go wrong. DP

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Refinished or not, nice rifle, happy shootin'.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That rifle is a beauty!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice acquisition!
Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Nice rifle and welcome to MO. Now for the bad news, wood and metal don't look original. Rear sight isn't original. Sling studs definately not original. The sling is identical to one I have from 1980.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Whatever the gurus say, that's a nice looking rifle! Glad you've joined us. John

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Welcome to MO from Michigan's snowy UP.

I have that same sling, got it from Marlin about 4 years ago. I don't think they offer it anymore. I like the sling, simple and does the job.

That is a good looking rifle.

I'm trying to build up the Marlin fund to get a G prefix 336 in .35 or 30-30.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts