Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this one up for sale in the local thrifty nickle for $500. I think I got a good deal. I was just out shooting it with some Lyman 264 GN GC and shoots great.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Great find and congrats on your purchase. I love that same projectile over 10 grains of Unique as the blasting load in my M375.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Very nice looking 375. I just bought one at a gun show. I need to buy the dies & components to reload for it. I don't have any real use for it but I just couldn't resist buying it, it's the first one I ever saw. Maybe i'll take up moose hunting.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
When you start shooting em, you'll know why you needed one. ;) DP

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
dpe.ahoy said:
When you start shooting em, you'll know why you needed one. ;) DP
Exactly. I found mine languishing in a local gun shop, lost and unloved among the racks of bolt guns. I inspected it, decided it was in good shape, but passed on it because I already had a 35 Remington. I woke up the next day thinking about it, and the rest is history. I don't hunt, I didn't need it, but owning it somehow still brings me great joy. It's a hoot to shoot, handsome, accurate, and somewhat unique. My gun pusher has been in the business for several decades, and had never seen one before I showed it to him. I'll never turn it loose, and it might be enough to get me motivated to go hunting again. I hear there's a lot of pigs that need killing..............and I cook a mean pork steak! ;)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
One of these days PapaJ...we gotta hook up to use them 375's in ventilating some bacon ;) My older 375 and my 41mag have already had that distinction but are always asking for more

1 - 6 of 6 Posts