Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Marlin Glenfield 30 A last weekend at the Ohio Gun Collectors show. It appears as brand new; not a mark on it. Made in the early 70s with stained hardwood stock and pressed checkering, cut rifling (not Microgroove) and no cross bolt safety. Oh, and it has a Marlin 4 x 32 scope. Was $275 a good deal? I didn't see anything directly comparable like a 336 W, just walnut stocked, mostly microgroove rifles in the $350 range. None as clean as this one.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Yes good deal, and ready to roll with the scope.

·
Premium Member
11,711 Posts
I think you got a great deal. I have a 1978 Glenfield and I would not sell it for $300. Lets see some pictures.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sounds like a big score to me! Anytime you get it for less money the better. It will really make you smile when you shoot it, too. Just wait!

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
YEP........ you got a great deal there :)

you're gonna like that Glenny.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like you did well... enjoy.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
mikej, sounds like you got a great deal by your description of that Glenfield. So....... where's the pictures? We need pictures! :biggrin:

Of course, followed up with a range report.

Jack

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Very good deal. I have a 1975 Glenfield 30-30. Your going to like the accuracy from your Glenfield.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
You got that at a great deal!!!! Congrats on your old/new rifle!!!

·
Premium Member
16,801 Posts
Hey Mike,

Smoking Deal!

You know the rules: No pics/No happen! LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Great Deal, congrats!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That's an excellent deal.

Two years ago, I bought a 30A in good shape for $260 with no scope. Your original marlin scope is worth a few bucks, because it adds to the All Original character of the item.

Also, prices have gone up quite a bit since I bought mine.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
You snagged a good one at a great price! :congrats:

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
$275 is a steal for any Marlin/Glenfield that is not a rust-bucket in my part of the world. Your Glenfield does have a micro-groove barrel, all of them from that era do. Welcome to Marlin Owners! DP

·
Premium Member
15,418 Posts
Congrats
Very good deal

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry about no pictures. I don't have the rifle anymore. When I bought it I had a buddy in mind. He likes shooting my Marlin 36W so much that he's been looking for one for quite a while. I figured if he didn't want it I'd flip it for a profit or keep it and sell my 36W. When I described it to him he couldn't get over here with the money fast enough. He was afraid I would change my mind. I sold it to him for what I paid for it and he bought lunch. Fair deal. The good news is I will be able to see and shoot it as we go to the range together quite a bit. I also have first dibs if he ever decides to sell it.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
That was a very good thing you did for your buddy Mike.Not all Marlin owners can bear to part with a rifle once they get their grimy little paws on it......me included.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts