Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says:

93 s/n so 2007 mfg date

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Great looking lever gun -- good for you.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flat Top said:
Sir, you are one of the few...one of the "chosen"....one of the elite!!! ;D Congrats on your new 35!
Suhweet!

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
biggog said:
Very nice looking rifle. Is it new or are you the second owner?
New, new, new! ;D ;) ;D

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I like the XLR's a lot. Congrats on your find, should bring you lots of pleasure and meat. ;) DP

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plundering Bill said:
Hope you fall in love with it!
So do I. Otherwise, you'll see it posted on here for some ridiculously inflated price. ;D

·
Premium Member
11,580 Posts
RevDerb said:
So do I. Otherwise, you'll see it posted on here for some ridiculously inflated price. ;D
Rev,

The 35 Rem XLR will prove to be the RAREST of the whole XLR family..................Don't pass it off too quickly......But..............That's not gonna' happen, once you shoot it..........

........I question if the 35Rem XLR will even be made again............

Nice find.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Nice rifle Rev! I can't prove it by scriptures,of course, but the Lord "may" have a Marlin in Heaven somewhere! ha! ;D
I hope you like it in it's present form, and resist chopping it up,etc. Happy "Good Friday"!

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
I don't know, but all these pictures on the site of Marlins with those grey laminated stocks are starting to grow on me. They're even starting to look good to me. Even the stainless is starting to look good to me. Good Lord, that's all I need, an expansion of my Marlinitis to Marlinitis Stainlessius Laminateum. Heaven help me. ;D

·
Premium Member
11,580 Posts
Brian in FL said:
I don't know, but all these pictures on the site of Marlins with those grey laminated stocks are starting to grow on me. They're even starting to look good to me. Even the stainless is starting to look good to me. Good Lord, that's all I need, an expansion of my Marlinitis to Marlinitis Stainlessius Laminateum. Heaven help me. ;D

Boy, you better watch out for that!.......................NO cure is even planned for that one!

Tom

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also doubt the XLR will be made in 35rem again. I think it was a RARE response to 35rem fans on this site and a few others. That added to my reason for getting one!!

It went to paducah for warranty adjustments but the 24" barrel is real accurate with everything!!! While they have it, they are shortening the mag tube to the end cap, and plugging the old atch pt on barrel-----I will not cut barrel on this one :) It's my forever woods stand gun with no open sights and a low power, weaver grand slam.

If I wanted an octagon barrel, I wouldn't mess with a very nice gun------find another gun with oct barrel or one to add a barrel to. ANOTHER excuse to buy another gun ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
Tomray said:
Boy, you better watch out for that!.......................NO cure is even planned for that one!

Tom
And I hope they never find a cure. But, I can quit anytime I want to ... really I can ... honest and for true ... whenever I want ... I think. ;D

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Now Rev, ain't you the fancy one! You went and got a grey and stainless rifle to match your grey and stainless dumbbell ;D But seriously that is a nice looking rifle in a fine caliber. I like a 24 inch barrel. Points and sights just right.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I walked by this one for several weeks and each time I did, I commented to myself how nice it was and finally decided that if I could peddle my other two 336 .35 Rems, I'd get it. Well, I did and I did. ;D Now to get past this weekend and a funeral so that I can get out and shoot it.

And, BTW, there will be NO chopping done on this one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts