Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local gun shop today and they had the 2005 Catalogs for Marlin and NEF..America's favorite riflemaker is trying the shotgun market again..Here are some highlights:

No changes to the Big Bores at all...though I would have loved to see the 444p come back in a stainless version.

They are dropping the 336CB in 38/55 and not replacing it with anything :oops: :shock: , this is causing a dilema in my head as I'm trying to save for an 1895GS but would hate to miss out on the 336CB as it is one of the finest feeling lever actions I ever picked up and there was one left at the shop with a $589 price tag as compared to $515 for the GS.

A new 1894 in 32/20, by the picture not the most attractive lever Marlin has made.

Now are you ready for this..the last 2 pages are filled with LC Smith Shotguns in SXS and O/U(not a LC original) made not here but Italy :oops:

NEF catalog:

3 new pump shotgun offerings and 4 auto shotgun offerings..

The good news from NEF is the Handi Rifle is being offered in the 500 S&W mag :D

I can understand that they have to make a buck, but they have never had great fortune in the shotgun market(imported no less) and did not offer their loyal customers any new offerings in what I consider their basic, go to line. :x

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks like the 4,000,000 Marlin was the last hurrah for the .38-55. At least for awhile. Parley

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can't believe that Marlin is not makeing RIFLES. I don't think they will set the world on fire with shotguns. Just getting worked up and needed to vent. They must have some smart guys working there. I was waiting to see what new RIFLEs they had for 2005 !!!!!
Bummed out >>>Tombstone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cowboy action shooters don't have a lot of choices on new (and affordable) SxS's these days unless they want Chinese or Russian. (Stoeger might be Brazil?)

I'd like to see what the Italians can do - they do a pretty nice job on the Winchester and Colt clones.

Does it have the hammers out? What barrel lengths?

I like to buy American and I've heard Ruger has a SxS but I bet it will be 2 or 3X the price of an import.

bfg4570

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bfg4570,

these sxs are not made for Cowboy shooter IMO. The 12 ga has 28" tubes and the 20 ga 26" tubes. Also no exposed hammers and there has been no mention of price

·
Registered
63 Posts
bfg4570

Here in Australia, Italian shotguns/coachguns are extremely popular in cowboy action shooting as they are affordable and very reliable........BOITO

Mucus

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yo marcus,the Boito's are made in South America. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts