Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a Model 700 30/06. The stock is cut to 12 5/8" pull. I had a 2*7 Redfield on it ad I liked it a lot. i just put a 3*9 Redfield on it. The eye relief is more on the 3*9 and I'm about a 1/4 inch from a solid cheek weld with the 3*9 scooted as far forward as possible. And it severely affects my off hand stability. I guess I could put the 2*7 back on it but, this is an older one not nearly as clear as the new revolution models. I have searched high, low, right, and left for a mount that allows the scope to be moved forward far enough on a gun fitted this short. It appears a picatinny rail is my only option. What I'm wondering is, will the mounts allow a low enough setup to weld my face to the stock? God Bless

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picatinny for Remington

I have several custom Rem 7 & 700 that use one of two style picatinny mounts. I do not find they really impact scope mounting height. Weaver and EGW are what I use. EGW makes both steel and aluminum. The Weaver are anodized aluminum. The rings I always use are the Burris cross slotted/ bolted rings with plastic bearing style inserts. More expensive, but they are no mar and self align within reason to the scope tube. My reason for the Picatinny style base is for the varying eye releif and ability to switch scopes to any picatinny base (within reason). When working with EGW, be sure to tell them if for model seven, or 700 and if 2 hole or one hole rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts