Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Performance of different caliber ammunition and 444 (pictures)

• Performans of ammunition in the animal's body

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • External ballistics of ammunition in the animal's body

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new here ... I commented that I am from Argentina and I have a custom mauser 444 marlin. I want the fans of that caliber friends show their photos of raids, so we can all appreciate the performance of the caliber and the ammunition! Greetings

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Hi Javiespin, welcome to Marlin Owners 444 forum. I'm not sure what question you're asking in the poll, that may be why you haven't got too many answers. Nice to have you here.

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
Posting a bunch of pictures of carnage brought forth by the 444, may not be in the best intrest of this site.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I have several photos of pigs that I have shot before and after skinning. I havent posted them because I wasnt sure where to post them or what some people mite think. I think would be a good idea to show are pictures. Some mite think its not very P.C. Each to their own I guess. If the poll says yes I'll post some pictures.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Phooey on a bunch of PC! We are hunters, and hunters kill things. You can't 'murder" a non seintient critter, you can only kill it. It can be killed by a slaughter house, a hunter, a predator or disease/starvation/winter kill. So, if we need a "NON PC" to post kill phots, with "in the field,real-time results", let's do it! :) ;) :D let's face it, the PC bunch want all hunting stopped, blood or no blood, so why cater to them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello, sorry if they not have understood my message (my Englishman is not good, I use a translator). Without intention offending explain the confusion of my question...
In Argentina we do not have ammunitions in quantity only LeveRevolution Hornady and Remington soft-point.... I am interested in recharging with Hornady 265 or 300 grs. . wanted to see the performance in the body of the animals, to understand like actua the ammunition in the body of the animal., in order to choose the correct ammunition.

Thank you very much and regards colleagues! Javiespin

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Probably the best place for those types of photos is in the sticky of the hunting success photos. I know Gunjunkie wanted to leave the carnage photos out of the general postings. That way if people chose to look at those pictures, they knew what they were getting into, instead of opening a thread and seeing a lot of gore.

Plus, I try not to take those kinds of photos. I try to photograph the animal without showing the wounds, and a lot of times I try to get pictures before I field dress the animal. I know some of the shots I have taken in the snow show some blood, but I still try to keep the animal respectable.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Perhaps, some of the members with plenty of photos could e-mail them to you along with the details of their particular loads and bullets. Then you could see quite a variety of different wound characteristics.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Personaly I dont mind the carnige, I want to see the exit hole it helps on picking the right bullet. I dont like bullets that blow baseball size holes. And as far as the PC bunch to he## with them.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Here ya go. Therse were shot with a .444S and Hornady Light Magnum ammo with the 265 gr FP. We just don't want to see lots of blood, guts or brains. Remember we are family friendly.

.308MX and LE ammo. Don't hit bone. I did and lost an entire shoulder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts