Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
called lee today to order a custom sizer die for my 38-55 .380.cost was 25.00 + 4.00 for shipping.
I asked the lady on the phone... you make the mould why not a sizing die ???.I was told they have to have so many requests to make it a reg. production product.
I know there are alot of 38-55 shooters out there so write them about a sizing die so they don't get ripped also.
pete
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have also ordered custom bullet sizing dies from Lee and have been entirely happy with them. It surprises me, too that some of the custom diameters are not offered as a regular item. Like .432 for 44 MAg & 444 Marlin.

You would think there is enough evidence in print that a slightly over bore diameter bullet gives much better accuracy.

It takes a while for Lee to ship the custom bullet sizers, but it is worth the wait!!! SW

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the lady said 4-6 weeks,so it's time to wait..my 245 gr 38-55 mould drops the bullets at .382 w/my alloy.so the 38-55 will have to wait until next deer season :(
pete

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I special ordered a .428 for my 1894D "CCL" in 44-40. Works like a charm and I'm more than happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts