Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LGS has bricks of this stuff among others. Is it any good all my googling brings up its old. was there a new production run. New looking box with old style markings.

Anyway its high velocity stuff and im just looking for a review. My go to is cci blazers but they are hard to get so if I could stock up on 10k of this same lot id be happy.

PS no shortage here so im not in panic mode just want a good shooting round at a ok price (30$ a brick) blazers are around 26$ when I find them

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have heard mixed opinions on the peters. Some hate it , call it cheap junk. Others say it is fine. I personally was suprised at the bad reviews I had read. I have 8 different 22 rifles, from bolt 80 models to model 60 semis, and 2 semi pistols. It is dirty ammo, but did not have any issues with feed or fire. Never really shot it for accuracy comparison, but was available to get my kiddos and myself out plinking several times. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again if I ran across some.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's Remington ammo, which used to be pretty good. I would take old .22 ammo over some of this new crap with inconsistent priming. I've used the Peters Victor and had no problems at all with it, despite being 30 years old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.