Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Pellet seater

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  locoman 
#1 ·
Here is something you guys may want to try with your springer airguns.

I was haveing problems grouping some of my different RWS pellets due to being tight and difficult to seat. I got an idea----took a 6x32 round head bolt 1 1/2" long and seated the pellets with it. It sure tightened up the groups with my RWS M34 .177 and my Benjamin Trail NP .22 cal. I guess the consistant seating did the trick as far as accuracy goes.

Hip

#2 ·
Offering another option to the suggestion above, I use a AAA battery to seat the .177 pellets in the Silent Cat and a AA for the .22's in my Benjamin Genesis NP. I have seen an accuracy improvement in both rifles since the battery node helps flare the pellet skirt for a better seal inside the chamber.

Reactions: pokey
#3 ·
I modified mine today---- I used an 8x32 bolt 1/2" long instead of the 6x32. I screwed it into a pistol cleaning rod that I got with a S&W revolver. Then I took a zinger (a recoiling string) that fly fisherman use to hold their line nippers, forcepts etc. Now I just pin it to my jacket and it stays out of my way. An old shoelace or piece of string would work fine also. I use it for both .177 and .22 cal. pellets.

Hip

#8 ·
an "adjustable" depth seating tool may be accomplished simply by rounding off the head of the proper sized screw, screwing a nut of the same size threads and installing a 'jam' nut to adjust depth of seating and lock it in place...i have a half-dozen of them i use for various calibers.

they are very easily made on a lathe or drill motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.