Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if'n it's the tough winter weather we've been having this year or what but them Peeps are showing up in mass causing all sorts of calamity. I was out minding my own business when I was overrun and taken prisoner by a marauding band of them.

After a brief interrogation they realized I didn't know anything - most folks figure that out by just lookin' at me...- they decided to have a little fun and strapped me down onto a board. When I heard the saw fire up I knew I was in deep trouble.

Luckily I had my cell phone in my pocket and was able to get a text message out.

Just in the nick of time a shot rang out - I'm purty sure it was the 28" - and it stopped the whirling blades of doom

About a half of a magazine's worth more shots followed and the Peep band were smote or captured.

Whew! That was close.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
HEHEHEHE Love it Mo. DP

Reactions: Wet Dog

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
This is the time of year that the peeps start coming out in abundance. All fellow MOers BEWARE! Eat singles on sight to prevent an abundance like what happened to Wet Dog!

-Bob

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sadly, as we are headed into prime Peep season, it was really only a matter of time until they showed up ready to stir up their sinister mayhem.

Wet Dog, glad you made it out alive, what a harrowing experience for sure. Sure is a good thing that the Legendary "28" has some reach!

Let this be a lesson to everyone, if you're headed outdoors, come "heavy" as they say.

If I recall correctly, I think Wind recommends the big Safari grade 40 grain'ers in his Mountie for stopping a charging bull Peep.

Now, I'm not anywhere as good of a shot, so I'm just gonna carry my 1895 Cowboy all the time to be on the safe side.

B

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hey Mo- That critter in the line up on the far right with the smoke in his mouth; he looks rather suspicious. I bet Mazer sent him out to knock you off so he could get your 30-30 Cowboy. Yes siree!!!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Don't know if'n it's the tough winter weather we've been having this year or what but them Peeps are showing up in mass causing all sorts of calamity. I was out minding my own business when I was overrun and taken prisoner by a marauding band of them.

After a brief interrogation they realized I didn't know anything - most folks figure that out by just lookin' at me...- they decided to have a little fun and strapped me down onto a board. When I heard the saw fire up I knew I was in deep trouble.

Luckily I had my cell phone in my pocket and was able to get a text message out.

Just in the nick of time a shot rang out - I'm purty sure it was the 28" - and it stopped the whirling blades of doom

About a half of a magazine's worth more shots followed and the Peep band were smote or captured.

Whew! That was close.

Me thinks someone has too much spare time on his hands and a bottle of whiskey too close by! :vollkommenauf:

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Thank god your OK Mo The Happenz would end up being nothing more than wake if you would have been killed by those murdering Peeps. Tell me Mo did they have their way with you, heaven forbid. Take some well earned time to get your strength back.

·
Premium Member
16,809 Posts
Hey Mo,

What a narrow escape!

Some fearsome "mugs", in that line up.

Tend to get "swarmed" by Necco Wafers, around here. Those wily Neccos, have even been known to "mount" the ubiquitous 12 ga hulls, and form up "cavalry"!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Well boys and girls -- Wet Dog had a close call for sure. Since the attack on me and Cleat a couple of years ago, the U-Pick Sagebrush Ranch R&D Department has been working almost non-stop to develop an effective PEEP destroyer. They are laser guided and have the added ability to "Search and Destroy" any targets of opportunity. A miniaturized ICBM and drone all rolled into one unit. Here's the only picture known to exist of one of these units.

View attachment 97481

Propelled by (CLASSIFIED) grains of Unique, they have a range of (CLASSIFIED) miles.

If Wet Dog's feet had been bound tighter, he would have been unable to illuminate the deadly spinning saw blade with his phone app and the outcome may have been entirely different. Glad we could help Dude!

Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
990 Posts
MO,
Good news reinforcements are inbound! I have my bags packed and ready to go, along with my highly trained attack and destroy raptors. You can see them in the picture standing guard over my bags and reloading bench. Also, I am crazy madd at work trying to develop or replicate the devastating peep hoard killing load from the 28". By purely scientific means I determine that "unique" with its special dinger seeking formula, along with a good cast bullet was our best chance of delivering ordinance on target. As soon as load development is completed one of my raptors will air deliver said loads for your inspection and testing.

Pink Raptors.PNG loading bench.PNG

PS - Hang in there MO! FYI next Cowboy lever Action Silhouette match is April 12th at Custer. :biggrin: Ron

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Good Lord, fully growed men foolin round like this, what has happened to this ole world? Now me, I'm lovin it. Great job fellas. Always admired a creative mind. Been sort of limited my own self. You boys however, your Momma would be proud. Just pleases me to even know ya! Steve

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Steve, I believe the symptoms on display in these threads would suggest a "cabin fever" diagnosis.

Any notion of creativity or intellectual ability would surely be met with protest by my third grade teachers Mrs. Ashcraft (first year) and Mr. Adams (subsequent years). They finally had to kick me out of third grade because of my frequent tardiness due to the shaving requirement in the dress code... well that and my car wasn't very reliable.. Oh, and the fishing was pretty good back then too. By my third year in the third grade I was dominating in PE class though which hopefully is reflected in my "permanent record."

In the long run it all worked out for the best. I was sent to another (special) school where I was the janitor's assistant's assistant. I had planned on making a career out of that but in a strange turn of fate I met the administrator of the facility, Ms. Buttercup. She was nothing like the nuns at my other school. In fact I got more swats from her in my first month than I ever did in all the years at 'Our Lady of Perpetual Hope for the Wretched School for Boys.' She opened my eyes to a whole nuther world of possibilities...

Ms. Buttercup

Some of you might have noticed a familiar resemblance. It turns out that Ms. Buttercup is Bambi and Bubble's mom.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
(Be still my heart!)

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts

Reminds me of my school career, at least that was what I intended to make it.....a career. I was the only kid in the 4th grade at Mathew Dean Elementary School who had a draft card. Then evidently, the superintendent took note of Miss Steele's attributes (she looked to be Ms. Buttercup's twin) and she was promoted to principal of another school and left. I was heart broken. Then the new teacher, Ms Fopenstien ( see picture below), was too hard on the eyes of a young kid. I was afraid she would scar up my little mind if I hung around too long..... so I worked hard to get promoted to 5th grade. The following year Dean Elementary had the largest 5th grade class on record. Sometimes I still have nightmares.

For your dining and dancing pleasure?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts