Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which system should I invest in? XO, Williams... OK guys, let me know... My rifle is a 1968 336 35 Rem.... Thanks...

Chad

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
You'll get plenty of answers both ways AND someone will surely try to get you to mount a scope. :wink:

My 2 cents: the various options from Williams are well made and functional. Understand that you may need a front sight of a different height (taller?) than the one that came on the gun.

G

·
I have a brand new Marlin 336 in 35 Rem. I put a Williams FP sight on it...love it. I replaced the 093 aperature with a 050 aperture. That's what like, chainging the aperture is a snap.

·
Registered
860 Posts
RECEIVER SIGHTS ON 336 .35 Rem

I have two 336 .35's- a new stainless LTD and a 1955 ADL. I mounted a FP (Williams) on the LTD and zeroed without a new, taller front sight. The ADL needed a new .330 height front (Lyman). Williams makes a .343 that will work. Your 336 will probably need the taller sight (either .330-.343 should do it). The newer Marlins all seem to have taller front sights that work with receiver sights. I put a Lyman receiver sight on the 55-era ADL (looks better on the older gun). Both are great, but I am leaning toward the Williams as the better sight. I like the way you can lock it down after you get the setting you want. Plus, they are on sale now at Midway($45.00). You need the one that mounts on the side screws of the receiver. I am experimenting, however, with a 2.5 x Weaver on my latest 336- a re-barrelled (24") .30-30. I don't like the "ghost ring" peeps- the Williams and Lymans have interchangeable disks, or you can take the disk out completely. The XS system-type sights mount higher than I like. Hope this helps. Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts