Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 450 Marlin Guide Gun with the ported barrel. I've ordered a set of peep sights for it. When you folks add peep sights, do you just fold the factory leaf sight down or remove it and fill the slot with a blank. just curious.

·
Super Moderator
17,805 Posts
I've got rifles with the rear leaf folded down and ones with the rear sight removed... Some folks like the blank in there, me I don't care. I leave it. Just one more chance to whack the barrel and scratch or dent it...

·
Registered
856 Posts
What Scorpiusb said. Whatever floats your boat! Just have fun!

·
Registered
856 Posts
And...Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I usually make a nice sight blank out of the rear sights. I never use them for anything else
Thanks Matt! You just gave me an excellent use for all my old sights!! Why I didn’t think of that I’ll never know, but it is so obvious.

Reactions: mattusmc

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Thanks Matt! You just gave me an excellent use for all my old sights!! Why I didn’t think of that I’ll never know, but it is so obvious.
Not sure where I got the idea, but its pretty simple to do. I cut the old sight off with a hacksaw, then file the back side to match the front close enough for me. Lastly some cold blue. Good use for the old sights for sure =)
Most all my old sights look like that now

Reactions: bkg1956

·
Registered
856 Posts
Not sure where I got the idea, but its pretty simple to do. I cut the old sight off with a hacksaw, then file the back side to match the front close enough for me. Lastly some cold blue. Good use for the old sights for sure =)
Most all my old sights look like that now
It works, looks great, and it’s free! Beautiful solution.

Reactions: mattusmc
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.