Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
I put a Lyman 66A on my 1894CBL and had no issues with it at all. Precise site adjustments on it and very easy to
dial in. Even works with the as issued front site!
358 Win

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
texjam, if you mean old 358 Win, well I don't get as good a group at 100yds as I do at 50yds but I reckon I'd hit a deer. My eyes are 59
years old, same as me!LOL I have an astigmasism (or however the heck it's spelled) and also diebeties. Both not good situations for using open or peep sites. My eye doctor sold some clip on glasses to wear with my corrective lenses and they certainly help clear up the
open/peep sites but make the target a little fuzzy. But hey, they help! I did shoot a deer at 80yds during the 2009 season. Used one of
my Win Mod 94's with a Lyman 66 receiver site. Hit the doe right smack on the shoulder and she was DRT. I think the tail twitched twice
and I was using the 165gr Hornady FTX factory load in .32 Special. I wasn't wearing the clip on glasses, just the regular glasses. Saw her standing looking over her back trail. There was snow on the ground and I cut a fresh track. I went super slow and she was curious as
to what was following her!
358 Win

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
texjam, to be honest, I CAN'T hit the 2" circle at 100yds with peep sites. Eyes are just too darn bad. I have an ancient Bushnell Banner 2.5x20mm on my 1894C and with that combo I can hit the 2" circle at 100yds. I'm thinking of putting same glass on my 1894CBL. I have another Bushnell Banner 2.5x20mm new in the box that I'm going to try and wring out the accuracy of that 1894CBL! Like they say
"getting old ain't for sissys.
358 Win

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.