Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peanuts pups. Ankles beware!

Peanut pups are 4 and half weeks old. Starting to have their own personalitys now.I got peanut at five weeks old. But keeping these a couple more weeks.Like having em around ;D Gunrunner

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Re: Peanuts pups. Ankles beware!

Hi gunrunner, My Vet( animal doctor) always said to keep dogs and cats until at least 8 weeks old. Then you could decide if you want to give them away or sell them.I presumed you wormed them already. Hope everything goes fine with he pups. Marla

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Your right Marla, Yes theyve been wormed and will have there first shots and I give out the vets name what Ive stared feeding them and such. I used to train dogs,Even had a kennel years ago. Lot of protection and obedience training with German shepards,Dobies,Aiedales and Rotts. It aint for everbody but I like to get em at around 6 weeks to 8 weeks. To me they seem more devoted to you.You get a bond thats not there with older pups IMO.Your there world instead of other dogs,and they are more eager to please. Peanut does very few tricks, but she has trucked with me all over the US,Canada,and even been in Mexico ;D And has helped me in another way that my big dogs never did. Shes a chick Magnet ;D ;D Ive asked more than one if was me are peanut she liked ;) And a few have said Peanut ;D But them days are over, Im getting hitched ;D Shes got four dogs herself so pray for me ;D Its gonna be like a disfuntional brady bunch ;D But I can handle it. You and Brian take care,tell him I got my hat and thanks. Randy,,

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I drive a Kenworth T600 and pull a 53 foot trl. About as long as it gets.. Peanut knows,after all these years. That If I get out and start to the back, Im going to open the trl doors to back to a dock.Ill open one side up and latch it,Shell be on that side watching in the big side mirror,When I open the other sides door shes on that side ;D She uses the mirrors like I do ;DShes a lot of company on the road.The Pups are besde me now asleep.I feed em the first time today,funny as all get out ;D The ol girls a pretty good swimmer too. This pic is at my Aunts pool.with her cat last year on a float.First time she went to the deep end,but shes learned now where the steps are at. Randy,

· Registered
385 Posts

Funny how dog's have Cat friends, my Dog would always hang out with only one Cat,the cat next door I guess they grew up together and felt safe when the yotes would start to howl the cat would be right next to the dog.

About swimming never put a life Jacket on a retiever they never get tired! it's look at me I can just float here no dog paddle.

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

That cats named willy.He disappeared a few months back. But knowing cats he will show back up.Unless a coyote or car got him.

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Shes a Chihuahua,,And about like a Min Pin,Willy.4lbs of Dynamite! She rules the roost around here. The others back off the food bowl,when she walks up ;D Gunrunner,,

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well three left this weekend.Down to one and its spoken for.One person bought two for 400,another paid 250 for one. Glad there gone, I was getting attacted to the little fellars ;D They all got great homes.And the one thats left ,Belongs to Jess,so Ill get to see it from time to time.Jess came by to see the old Man last nite and check on her Pup. Maybe it was the other way around ;D Shes taking it next week.Gunrunner,,

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Got three women in my world now Magothy,And a wedding coming up.How much you think I got out of that?? ;D A couple of "thanks Dad" is about it ;D But nobody can call me a bad Dad 8)Love that Rifle though.One day Ill have one.

· Registered
297 Posts

Gunrunner, when"s the happy day? Please tell us that your invitin everyone at Marlin Owners to come to the wedding and reception, you know you want to. Heck maybe we should put this up for vote here at MO. What say guys?

riflerick

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Only if we get a 1000 gun sailute and its byob ;D And yall Supply your own ammo ;) Havnt set a date yet. Ill let yall know,it want be long though. we were going for 4/28. But her Moms in bad shape,last stages of alzshimers.Got a neat place to have it though.Was going to use the Rose Hill plantaion. But now,Ive scored a place a few miles from my house.Theyve redone a old settlement. some small cabins and outhouses and two working wells.Ill get some pictures on the way to church sunday.Neat as all get out. Thought of just a small thing.everbody could wear jeans and such,be a few in overalls Im sure ;D But Ive been told by Deb that I have to wear at least a suit :( but only at the first.after the first rounds of pics. We are going to dress up in some of our old stuff.Ill be in my confetterate sargt coat her in a ball gown,and take some of me carrying her into the little cabin,with a jug in my hand,us making a wish at one of the wells,Her Dad with a a old hammer shotgun on me,stuff like that.Kinda wish it was more into the fall,Id have a deer hanging in the back ground ;D Think itll be cool,and layed back for the guest.Maybe have my Sister bring her grill that you haul behind your truck,and have either hotdogs and hamburgers are chicken or something.A sure enough Country Wedding!! Kicking it in the sticks ;D then we are taking off to the grove park inn up in Ashville NC for a few nights of the fancy stuff.Heck thats enough for two bumbkins in there late 40s ,who act like there in there 20s ;D Randy,,

· Registered
297 Posts

Happy lookin couple in that pic. Gunrunner we can do better than a 1000 gun salute. If everybody here at MO came, it would a roar of 20,000 guns. Seriously wishing all luck and happiness for ya.

riflerick

· Premium Member
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

We have a good size fighting force on here,dont we ;D Thanks,it means alot. Ill put up the date when we know. Randy,,

· Registered
20,288 Posts

Randy.. in all honesty.. couldn't be happier for you .. God Bless ..

· Premium Member
1,152 Posts

Only our man Randy could post his wedding plans in the pet section, bless his heart. Best of luck to ya, old boy. Pigs are in season anytime, you could have one of those hanging in the background. Know anyone will a crop control deer permit ?
It wouldn't have a big rack, tho.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.