Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there another payment option? I'd like to order a sight for my BLR, but don't do PayPal. Maybe call direct and send a check or money order?

·
Premium Member
14,324 Posts
Paypal will not let you buy firearms or related products with paypal.

credit card is your friend online.

·
Premium Member
14,324 Posts
I'll have to call him tomorrow. When I go to checkout on the Skinner website it takes me directly to Paypal.
beats me. midwayusa.com told me paypal wouldn't let them (yes I called and asked)..........if you'll notice, ammo sites , brownells, midwayusa etc etc. all have no paypal option to pay.

maybe somehow scopes and sights are allowed? Dunno.......why not ask mr. Skinner how it works. I'd like to know myself.....I got a PP account in hopes of using it to buy firearms and supplies.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
14,324 Posts
I don't and will not use PP for anything!
FWIW, if the seller rips you off, you at least have a solid recourse to get your money back with PP. And it works. I know...I had to use it a couple times.

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
FWIW, if the seller rips you off, you at least have a solid recourse to get your money back with PP. And it works. I know...I had to use it a couple times.
If Paypal finds out it was anything gun related they will not help you get your money back. They will also freeze your account and pretty much cancel you.

·
Premium Member
14,324 Posts
If Paypal finds out it was anything gun related they will not help you get your money back. They will also freeze your account and pretty much cancel you.
well I already stated PP don't do guns....but anything else, they will automatically get you your $$ back, once you report it. Paypal will extract the $$ out of the sellers account, and seller cannot stop them.. I had to do so twice....on car parts.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I won't deal with EvilBay or PayPal. They're run by THIEVES. How those people get away with the way they do business is beyond me. Credit card payment came long before Pay Pal. They should have a toll free line to place an order. If not, they will lose a lot of business. :deal:

Mike T.

Reactions: 256WinMag

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just going to call, and send him a check. I'm old fashion that way. I try to keep my credit card exposure to a minimun. Plus, it doesn't pop up on my chief financial officer's desk that way.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
One quick call to AX and payment is stopped until resolution. Though not everyone's favorite card I have been with them since 1983 and I have never had an issue. I am glad there are choices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts