Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bored today and wandering around, went to a local pawnshop. First gun I see -- a nice 1981 Marlin 39A with gold trigger, $299. They just put it out from backroom, so wouldn't bargain, but threw in the sales tax. Very nice overall, blue near excellent with a few tiny rust freckles here and there, came off easily with some oil on a rag. Bore is mint. Stocks have the high-gloss finish and a few pressure marks but no big scratches or dings. Action seems tight, like shot very little. Front sight hood still there. Only negative was someone replaced rearmost action screw with wrong machine screw for some reason. Gun shoots, cycles and ejects fine. Didn't really need another .22 rifle, but this was too good to pass up. Will take to range next Wednesday and give it an accuracy test.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My camera takes BIG pics and I never can resize them so they are too big to post. Unless some kind soul would fix them for me and post for me. Thanks.

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
Good find.Pawnshops is where I usually get the best deals on used Marlins.Gunshops are good too.I don't care much for online auctions.People get to competing and drive the price up.Take pics with your smart phone (if you have one)and email them to yourself.Easy to post that way.Cameras take too many steps.

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Dang it! that's just the kinda deal i'm looking for on a 39. If you save your pics on your computer you should be able to look at the properties on them and choose to resize to 640x480 for posting. Some of the other guy's on here can probably help more then I can. I sure would like to see that 39 so I can brood more.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
What a bargain!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Looks like a great score there!!!

Congrats!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Congrats. Enjoy. I couldn't see your pictures, but I'am sure it's nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts