Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,724 Posts
I will need to check it out. He does not have a license to buy and sell modern firearms but gets some neat old school stuff in there. I am watching NCAA basketball tonight and my Gators play here in about 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Must've been more to it than they showed. Numbers matching? Cody museum papers? I may be wrong but wouldn't he wanted a little more info for that much money? Nice gun though

·
Banned
515 Posts
There was a lot of negotiations going on behind the scenes, he didn't pull that $21,000 number out of thin air, beautiful gun. Is it worth $21,000, I don't know, is it worth 21 times what a 15 year old 1894 357 mag is worth, absolutely.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
It was awesome, if I had his money I would have bought it.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I know I might get blasted for this....
But that gun was just too darn fancy.
I mean I like a little engraving but that was just insane.
Chances are it has been a safe queen it's entire life.
I like a clean looking gun, prefer stainless and shoot it until
the parts fall off it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's darn nice to see that much care and attention given during manufacturing. Also, to see that "Classic Old Marlins" are worth a bit of coin, not just Colts and Winchesters. " A thing of beauty is a sight to see".

Reactions: DeoVindice

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a lot of negotiations going on behind the scenes, he didn't pull that $21,000 number out of thin air, beautiful gun. Is it worth $21,000, I don't know, is it worth 21 times what a 15 year old 1894 357 mag is worth, absolutely.

Rick lost his ass on this one. Don't be surprise, they don't always bring in the experts, and act on their best judgement in many case, such as we see here. Rick put this up in an online auction and it sold for just over 5K.

·
Banned
4,733 Posts
He'll still have to send it to Ranger Point Precision to get her running right, its a Marlin 94 :hmmmm:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts