Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
yes sir i have said the same thing. what is not to like? reliable, rugged, powerful, and 10 shots. i would definitely take it over the 03 Springfield ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This paradigm might be worthy of consideration in our times given where things are heading.

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the 2nd look!
That is surely an outstanding rescue & rebuild.
I gotta ask - How does it shoot?

WYT-P
Skyhunter
it shoots good! 80yds off the bench i am getting 3/4 in. groups with the only load i have tried. 42gr. of RL15 with a 174gr. sierra match king bullet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
823 Posts
it shoots good! 80yds off the bench i am getting 3/4 in. groups with the only load i have tried. 42gr. of RL15 with a 174gr. sierra match king bullet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
LOL! I'd say that's "minute of - what-ever the heck you need to shoot!" LOL!
Again Sir - a job well and truly done right!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
thanks for the nice comments! if you want one new like that you have to make it,, LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
270 CZ American Marlin HMR 17 410 ATA 38-55 93 Marlin 45-70 RB Petersoli
5 Posts
Afternoon All
Old 303s are lovely and Olskool yours is exceptional. When I was at high school I got to handle my first 303 in Cadets, they were Morris Tube 22-303 training rifles.
Last weekend I shot a Lee Metford 303 carbine that was used in the Bore War, it had all the battle scares and carved initials from various users. It had something different form a Lee Endfield there was a cleaning rod under the barrel and the bolt had an attached cover over it. The rounds that we used were 170gn jacketed and 55gn black powder (ie full case) sounded worse than when shooting it.
Regards Dik

·
Registered
52 Posts
What a lovely piece, you did well, sir!

3/4" at 75 yards = minute of angle. 3/4" at 80 is less than the coveted MOA. That's exceptional, especially with iron sights! Now you have me all excited....

~WH~

21 - 30 of 30 Posts