Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

here is one i restored a wile back. i put it on here but thought you might like to see it again. the photos dose not do it justice. i rescued this gun from a pawn shop. it was in a plastic stock with parts missing. i bought a new old stock barrel from sarco, i had Brian dick here in SC install the barrel. he is the leading gunsmith on British rifles in this country. i found new CNC walnut wood in Canada that had to be fitted. i didn't reblue it. it is a 1916 BSA no1 MK3 it was worth rescuing,,,,,,

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
I sent a P14 action to Pac-Nor several decades ago to be rebarrelled, and the nice lady on the phone asked me, "Why a .303"? I laughed a little and then told her there isn't a Race of Man nor an animal on Earth that hasn't been killed by a .303. Deer don't stand a chance, an Enfield is really overkill. A 180 grain softpoint at 2540 ft/sec drops them on the spot.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
OLSKOOL, you have excellent taste in firearms. I guess it is unpatriotic for an American to say this but if I had to fight with a bolt action service rifle, the Enfield would be my choice.
When the AEF arrived in France, 1917, they were armed with 1898 Krag-Jorgenson rifles. Springfield Armory hadn't produced enough 1903's to supply the Doughboys. Production was ramping up, but it was slow. The Brits supplied the Americans with SMLE riles and Lewis Machine guns. Eventually, American 1903 and 1917 production caught up, and the British were given back their supplies. Here's a trench full of Yanks with Enfields.
Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 11.46.47 PM.png
Center in this picture is a Lewis Gun in .303, the Germans feared it and named it the "Belgian Rattlesnake".

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OLSKOOL, you have excellent taste in firearms. I guess it is unpatriotic for an American to say this but if I had to fight with a bolt action service rifle, the Enfield would be my choice.
yes sir i have said the same thing. what is not to like? reliable, rugged, powerful, and 10 shots. i would definitely take it over the 03 Springfield ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thanks for the 2nd look!
That is surely an outstanding rescue & rebuild.
I gotta ask - How does it shoot?

WYT-P
Skyhunter

1 - 20 of 30 Posts