Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Picked up that Marlin 336KT-30-30Win. (K mart/Texan style) rifle and Marlin told me that if I sent it to them sometime latter part of May, supply of 38/55 barrels due in June and cost for everything receiver forward would be changed out, new, for price of $280.00 Seems like a fair deal to me for the basic rifle cost me 200 so close to some 500 bucks in new 38/55 excellent all around rifle. Any thoughts or disagreement??
Thanks,
dsiteman
favor center!!

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Sounds like you will have a 38/55. It is a great round esp with hand loads.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
:D AND NO STUPID CROSS-BOLT SAFETY :D And that's worth a hundred bucks in my book!

Shum8

·
Registered
4 Posts
38-55 factory conversion

:D What you'll have tied up in it is a little less than what you would've paid for a 38-55 Cowboy - when they were available! Just got mine back and I can't say enough about the quality of Marlin service, would guess you'll love it too!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ditto, hobbyguymaine! I sent my older 336 Texan to Marlin and had a .30-30 Cowboy made up and it is beautiful. Changed all the wood, too! I have about $525 into after all the shipping and fees, considering they don't make the .30-30 Cowboy anymore, it's a bargain.

·
Registered
287 Posts
shum8 said:
:D AND NO STUPID CROSS-BOLT SAFETY :D And that's worth a hundred bucks in my book!

Shum8
AMEN to that brother!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts