Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finger Font Thumb Material property Rectangle
Not the first time I've found a gem hiding in that pawn shop. This little box of Sierra's was sitting in the middle of some old mostly obsolete gun stuff that somebody must have brought in. Looks pretty close to full, got 'em for $12. I don't think they knew how hard these are to find right now. This where my lottery luck goes, things like this.

·
Premium Member
6,586 Posts
Nice score! My Marlin 375 groups those real nice with 35gr H4198.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice score! My Marlin 375 groups those real nice with 35gr H4198.
Don't tell anybody but I don't even have the rifle yet. I have a good stash of bullets, brass, and dies though.

I do have a 1971 30-30 that's destined to be sent out to JES for a rebore hopefully very soon. I gave up looking for a 375 and bought a donor.

I used that bullet 30 years ago in a 14" T/C Contender and loved it. I have high hopes it will work well in this re-bored 336.

·
Premium Member
6,586 Posts
Don't tell anybody but I don't even have the rifle yet. I have a good stash of bullets, brass, and dies though.

I do have a 1971 30-30 that's destined to be sent out to JES for a rebore hopefully very soon. I gave up looking for a 375 and bought a donor.

I used that bullet 30 years ago in a 14" T/C Contender and loved it. I have high hopes it will work well in this re-bored 336.
My first 375 is a rebored 1980 Glenfield (Marlin) 30A 30-30. JES did the 3-groove rebore and it shoots great. Absolutely satisfied with the job that JES does. Six or seven years later found a Marlin 375.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts