Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pawn Shop Find (Pics added)

I was off on Friday so decided to check out the local pawnshop. They get some rarer bits of merchandise from time to time--like a Marlin 375 rifle they had last year that I passed on. I've had a few before and ammo is getting to be a problem to acquire. I never could get one to shoot like I want it to also.
Anyways, I look at the gun rack and espied a Marlin 1895G 45-70 on the rack. it looked good and a scope mount and rings on it and it only had $399 on the price tag. It was made in 2000 and JM stamped. Not being one to pass up trying to get things cheaper especially at a pawnshop, I asked how much discount can I get. this particular pawnshop will at least knock the tax off so I got her for $399.00.
I also found a Remington BDL DM Stainless .270 with a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 scope for $550 so I put both on layaway until I get enough money in my gun fund to get them out in about a month. I had already spent the gun funds on a T/C Contender G2 30-30 14" along with a Nikon 2.5x8 Handgun scope and an additional 35 Remington 14" barrel and a Savage Axis 223 rifle from Walmart.
I think I have Gunitis not just Marlinitis.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sounds serious. I love looking in pawn shops. I'm still kicking my own butt for taking advantage of a rifle I saw in a pawn shop near the Navajo reservation in New Mexico. A Marlin 60 in stainless steel with matching scope for $150.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Wow what a great deal! Congrats.

Reactions: cds4570

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That is just a terrific score. I've been stalking the local pawns for three years and have not come up with one yet. Congrats…!

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
I've lost count of the deals I've found on guns in pawn shops. many of them detailed on this forum over the past ten years. Several Marlins, a dozen or more handguns, a shotgun or two.....pawn shopping is one of the most expensive ways I know to save money!

Layaway is a beautiful thing when you finds deal like those. We'll need pictures, to help you celebrate properly. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm jealous, all the pawn shops around here only have overpriced junk.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
At least your pawn shops have guns.... here they don't the hassle of getting an FFL licence to deal with firarms... only thing in pawn shops around here is junk!

·
Premium Member
16,809 Posts
Hey Hunter,

Good score!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, I'll be posting the pics once I get it. I put them on separate layaways so I can get them out individually.
I got some good deals back in the day from this pawn shop and then they started pricing things on up there. I was surprised when I saw the price tag. They did have a 444 Marlin in there awhile before someone took it home. Seems the ammo was hard to find with all the HR handirifles around being shot for primitive weapon season. I've bought a lot from them over the years so they will cut me a deal from time to time and I don't leave them on layaway long. There are lots of pawnshops and guns stores in the surrounding 30 mile area including Cabelas. Most have over priced stuff and you can occasionally find a deal in all of them. This particular pawn shop is about 4 miles from my house and I frequent another one that is about 8 miles. I picked up a Ruger 10/22 Stainless with Clark Custom trigger parts and a 4X BSA scope for $300 OTD at that one last month. Walmart has the stainless 10/22's with a blue receiver for $259, so with tax would be $285. This one had the matte stainless which I prefer for hunting. Anyways, I need to chill with the pawn shops and gun stores for quite awhile. This is getting worse than gambling but at least I have something to show for my money.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hey Hunter, how about sending some of your luck this way!!!:biggrin:

I will be driving through La. in late may on my way to Houston to visit family, maybe some of that luck will rub off on me as I go through. :driver:

Congratulations on all of your inexpensive finds.

Jack

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
hunter, ya did well, Congrats to you. Pictures or it did not happen. Take care and keep us in the loop, John.

·
Registered
726 Posts
At least your pawn shops have guns.... here they don't the hassle of getting an FFL licence to deal with firarms... only thing in pawn shops around here is junk!
Doc you still live in Commifornia? I thought you were running North? By the way you want to move to VA there is well over 20 houses on my street for sale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts