Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the Texan, it has a 18.5" barrel, typical Marlin straight grained Walnut stocks with dings, hideous stainless colored Simmions scope, with see through mounts, dusty as heck, must have been a closet queen, slight rust, it seems not shot much, but traveled a lot.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I took it apart to redo the stocks so I scraped the stocks, and will clean up the rust, and dust, and tune the action.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
Great find Starrbow! What kind of wood are you thinking of for it? Curly Maple or something else different, I'm sure it will end up looking great.

There must be something useful to do with see-thru scope mounts. :hmmmm:

Reactions: JACKTW

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Great find Starrbow! What kind of wood are you thinking of for it? Curly Maple or something else different, I'm sure it will end up looking great.

There must be something useful to do with see-thru scope mounts. :hmmmm:
MO member myflatline will take them. He is a see-thru scope ring fanatic!

1,907 Posts
I sure do love those Texans. Snag 'em up any time I come across a decent deal, careworn or not. The pistol grip models feel nice in the hands ain't ugly by any standard, but their is something about the classic look of the Texan...I think all Texans should have a Texan to keep in the gun rack of their pickup truck. It's just fitting, and would probably make the world--or at least Texas--a better place. Come to think of it, if you have a Texan and don't live in Texas, just box that sucker up and send it on to Ranger Point Precision. We'll be the re-distribution center, getting those babies into the hands of less fortunate, but more deserving, Texans. Don't grouse. Just think of those rifles as happy little salmon, swimming back to where the belong...We'll treat 'em right, I promise.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I sure do love those Texans. Snag 'em up any time I come across a decent deal, careworn or not. The pistol grip models feel nice in the hands ain't ugly by any standard, but their is something about the classic look of the Texan...I think all Texans should have a Texan to keep in the gun rack of their pickup truck. It's just fitting, and would probably make the world--or at least Texas--a better place. Come to think of it, if you have a Texan and don't live in Texas, just box that sucker up and send it on to Ranger Point Precision. We'll be the re-distribution center, getting those babies into the hands of less fortunate, but more deserving, Texans. Don't grouse. Just think of those rifles as happy little salmon, swimming back to where the belong...We'll treat 'em right, I promise.:biggrin:
Nice try:flute:.

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
I have a set of practically new set of see thru's I just took off 336 I bought and I will gladly mail them to someone for the shipping rate of $5.80 . I can't bear to look at them or even to know they are in the house. PM me if intersted with your address.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Starrbow that is a beauty buddy congrats on picking it up!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!!

·
Administrator
30,586 Posts
A worthy project Starrbow.

I keep searching out here in the Sierra Foothills but it appears there aren't any Texans around these parts. :flute:

Looking forward to seeing her all gussied up.

Jack

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Nice find Starrbow! Looking forward to the "after" pictures.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats, nice find. I'll bet it looks ever nicer after you get through cleaning her up.. and changing a couple of things.. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.