Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the day off today because it's Patriots Day here in Massachusetts so me and a couple of retired friends decided to shoot our 45-70s instead of muzzleloaders. All the Lexington and Concord reenactors were smoking the place up anyway. I had been moving scopes around between guns over the winter and needed to sight in the Ruger #1 and the straight stocked Marlin 95. The Shiloh Sharps would have been lonely at home alone so she came along too. The Marlin now wears an older American made Weaver 2.5X scope and it turned out to be a good combination shooting Winchester 300 grain jacketed hollowpoints. The friends showed up with an Italian Sharps and a Marlin 45-70 Cowboy model with the long octagon barrel wearing a Williams receiver sight. Anyway, we all had a great day and earned a couple of Tylenols for our sore shoulders.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bet the patriots of old would have loved to have had any of those new-fangled cartridge guns . The repeater would have really made their day huh? That's a nice looking group from your big bore , shoot it from offhand position did ya ? ;)

Jack

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I shot offhand from a sturdy bench with a bunch of sand bags. At least I know the gun can shoot. :) Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts