Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, second post so if what I am about to ask is a stupid question then bear with me.

I recently got my first lever action, a Big Boy Case Hardened Carbine in .357 magnum. When I buy a new gun I like to take it apart all the way and dissect how it operates, get it thoroughly lubricated, clean out any shipping grease, etc... This has helped me gain a good understanding of everything that happens through the course of cycling the rifle's lever, why the next round won't pop onto the carrier if you close the lever too gently, and why the carrier may not lift a shell if you don't open the lever all the way.

I don't own a Marlin, at least not yet, but from those I've had apart and shot, the Henry seems to be pretty closely derived from a 336, but with a tube load instead of a loading gate, and with passive safeties instead of a crossbolt or rebounding hammer. I managed to goober up the head of the trigger guard plate support screw-at least I think that's what it's called. It's part number 48 in the diagram in your manual-the screw on the left side of the receiver. I can't find parts for a Henry rifle online, I think I found the screw on Numrich, but they show it as out of stock, but I can find one for a 336. Now I realize I could try and order one through Henry CS, but that would still leave me wondering whether the screws are interchangeable.

Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Go straight to Henry. Their customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
9,564 Posts
Welcome and great advice to contact Henry !

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Another vote for contacting Henry...their Customer Service is fantastic to work with.

redhawk

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I just got off the phone with Henry CS and they have another screw on the way out to me, but I am still left wondering. I guess I'll have to buy a 336 so I can compare them lol.

They didn't even ask me to pay for it and it was my fault the screw was messed up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts