Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I may be dumb, wife calls me that all the time:biggrin: But I am not real clear on what you want to find out. Are you maybe wanting to know maybe like if Winchester, Marlin and other bigger makers made Forearms for places like Sears and other retailers and and they were identical Firearms, only they had a retailers name on them maybe instead of say Winchesters name?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry I should be more clear, I meant like model 60 70 75 Glenfield 45 ect in the Marlin line only.

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
It's going to depend on the part in question. Some models will share certain parts, but not others. For example, a Revelation 120 may use the same trigger guard, feed throat, magazine tube and other internal mechanisms as a Model 60, but use different sights. Even within specific models, parts change depending on the year it was made. Your best bet is to search for your model and the part at one of the online stores like Brownell's, Midway, Numrich. Once you've located the part, cross reference that part number to other models it will fit. Sometimes that information will be on the part listing, sometimes a further search will be necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I have a model 60 and a model 70 both with squirrels on the stocks. I would like to pick up extra parts because theese rifles mean the world to me as they were my Dads. I want to keep em going forever. I have been seeing parts on ebay and want to pick some up before they get too rare.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
There's more money in parting these old classics out than restoring them. That said, everytime I pick up a "parts donor" gun, I end up restoring it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts