Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was off today and had to go to Parris Island to get something at the travel office. I got there before they opened so went to the museum to kill some time for an hour or so. They were actually closed when I got there but I work on the island so they let me in and I had the place to myself which was cool since I was able to take a bunch of photos. I have toured the museum several times and recommend it to anyone that comes to visit.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Our son was an armorer on Parris Island. The wife and I spent a couple days there and have been thru the museum, well worth the time to visit.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Very cool, if You are ever in Georgia check out the U.S. Army infantry museum at Fort Benning it is very cool too.

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very cool, if You are ever in Georgia check out the U.S. Army infantry museum at Fort Benning it is very cool too.
That is actually on my bucket list since they moved most of the armor from the Patton museum to there. I have climbed over many of the tanks there are there now.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Yup, I liked this post too. Fantastic displays.
I also like museums and would very much like to visit Paris Is someday.
The best I've been to so far are the Museum of Military History in Vienna, Austria (absolutely awesome) and the War Memorial in Canberra, Australia (fantastic).
:top::cheers::top:

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
The Patton Museum still has all the German ww2 stuff I think.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The WW2 museum in New Orleans is a must do also. Thanks for the pics

Reactions: 1956CJ5

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
Museum at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in MD is pretty awesome too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.