Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currious as to what you all have experienced with Para handguns. Specifically the LDAs and other DOA models. I am looking into a career in LE and am considering the Para as a duty gun. Please advise.

Oh, appearently the SD I'm looking into issues the S&W Model 99 and I am not a fan of that gun as a duty gun. Too many reliability issues from what I understand. Too bad as they are nice looking and comfortable.

Reactions: BFPGW

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Dave,

I just finished breaking in a Para Carry 12-45 LDA. I put 500 rounds of hard ball through it. It is very reliable, and holds a 2-2.5" group at 20
yards. By comparison, my SIG P220 shoots a 2" group at 25 yards.

The LDA I bought is all stainless, and uses a Double stack mag. If you have large hands/long fingers, it fits very well. If your hands are smaller,
I would recommend the SIG in Stainless. The SIG costs more, but it's a much nicer piece to shoot. As for a duty gun, the SIG is indestructable.

I don't know the record on the Para as a duty gun. It is a bit lighter in the holster than the SIG, but it would work well, as far as I can tell. The only funky thing about the Para is the hammer. There is no hammer spur. Good for personal carry, but I would think that could be a drawback on a duty gun.

Just my opine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts