Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed the battery tender, checked the tires, washed her, lubed the chain... It's been a long time since I've been on the bike. She appears to have wintered well.

We will see what adventures are to be found ahead on the road in 2014!

Guy

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Have fun on your adventures Guy we will be expecting pics of the places that it takes you!!!!

Reactions: M700

·
Registered
97 Posts
Remember you're invisable, everyone hates you, and any car coming up to an enter section is going to pull out in front of you. That's how I stay alive, Have a safe riding season.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
I can't wait either Guy. I really enjoy your photography and stories.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Riding season is here once again! I just added another machine to the collection. Always wanted to own a Ninja 250 and found a new one at nearly 40% off the list price. Features a liquid cooled parallel twin engine (13,000 rpm redline!) and puts out about 26 rear wheel horsepower in stock form. With a bit of tweaking I can get a lot more out of it than that :biggrin: -

·
Registered
97 Posts
Riding season is here once again! I just added another machine to the collection. Always wanted to own a Ninja 250 and found a new one at nearly 40% off the list price. Features a liquid cooled parallel twin engine (13,000 rpm redline!) and puts out about 26 rear wheel horsepower in stock form. With a bit of tweaking I can get a lot more out of it than that :biggrin: -

Man, how can you ride something shaped liKe that? I've tried to ride bikes like the Aprilla and Duc and I end up feeling like a Giraffe bending down at a watering hole. Corse I'm tall, old, beat up, and put together with pins, plates, and screws and don't bend well.

·
Premium Member
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never rode a Ninja 250, but my orange Suzuki 650 is really comfortable. I've put in one 800 mile day, and a mess of 400 - 600 mile days. Very upright seating position and fair wind protection.

No, it doesn't look like a typical cruiser... I like the seating position on the 'Zuki better, although it reminded me of the seating position on a Road King oddly enough.

Guy

·
Premium Member
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put about 50 miles on her today by the way, running great and handling super. Nice to be back on the bike again!

Guy

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Really is good for the soul.
Just been to town and back on my Sprint, need the battery charged.:flute:

Cheers,
Mark.

Reactions: whiskers and M700

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Guy

Great to see weather is starting to improve over there, looking foward to more great pics.
PS the Spookie looks brand new again.

Mark

"had to go to town on the Sprint to charge the battery" :flute:, is that what ya told the cook.

GUS

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Man, how can you ride something shaped liKe that? I've tried to ride bikes like the Aprilla and Duc and I end up feeling like a Giraffe bending down at a watering hole. Corse I'm tall, old, beat up, and put together with pins, plates, and screws and don't bend well.
No issues with sport bike ergonomics. I've done 900 mile days on my 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
-

·
Banned
497 Posts
Great to see another bike out and about. Because of our crazy winter or lack thereof here I was able to ride quite a bit this winter - almost as many miles Jan - April as last May - Oct. We finally had snow up high last week but not much. The south faces are all ready melted off as in the picture but there was enough to keep the passes closed. Still I will probably be crossing over the divides in May instead of June or July like normal. Anyway it is promising to be a long dry summer.

Crags 1.JPG

·
Premium Member
12,127 Posts
Whiskers I think I could sit on that thing and ride it without much problem. When I caught a red light and had to stop I would just fall over in the road.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hey Guy

Be sure to put new batteries in the ole camera. We Not only love your quest but the pictures that go with the ride.

Have a good riding year
Buck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts