Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doc Sharptail said:
I'm glad to be back here! I found the discussion on the collector's "association" idea VERY inneresting! Just for one topic that should be revived/reviewed....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
Hey Doc - Thought I'd go ahead and start a new thread with the appropriate title. HAving never spent any time in an "official" collectors group, I'll nead quite an edumacation in it.......

Shum8

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I believe the idea has merit. The head folks at the MFCA site just do not seem to care about trolls posting all sorts of garbage. I am to the point of not renewing my membership for that reason as part of my dues go toward site upkeep. So I figure plug that money in here & see about another collector group.

I'm not all that sharp on the old stuff, but I can shout words of encouragement to those who are! :D SW

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well I certainly would support it. Count me in , moodyholler

G

·
I'll put my plug back in to have a annual meeting at a big gunshow every or every other year :D Also my suggestion would be the Tulsa gunshow. Its centrally located and on top of that , I've heard from some bigtime Browning collectors that this is a good show gun and price wise :wink: My second chouce would be the Reno show , but these same guys say the prices there are HIGH :!:

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I still think its a good idea. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Although I don't have any collectors in my safe, I would certainly like to learn about the older Marlins. I find them more intresting every day.

Jay

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I'm very interested in this idea! Would love to see a group run by the members, where voting on issues was open to everyone, rather than just those present at a annual meeting!
Let's see how much interest there is here, and that will tell if it'll fly or not!

·
Banned
461 Posts
I will support the idea and help if I can.

I've been to the Tulsa show and mentioned it a couple times at the MFCA meeting and it died due to lack of interest from all the members there. I was sort of surprised.

It's a great show and I've seen firearms there that I've not seen anywhere else in the U.S. Not to mention, that's the first time I've seen the inside of an 11 acre building of nothing but guns! :shock: :D

I've also had tables there, setting up to sell stuff. They go out of their way to help as best they can, considering how many vendors they have to deal with. It's an impressive operation.

·
Registered
719 Posts
ok

count me in if my friends are joining.....but aren't we kinda already in a 'club' here? :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts