Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drove through Springfield, MO last week and stopped at the BPS to check out the NRA Firearms Museum. We visited the Fine Gun Room (the obligatory trip through) and found this sweet little 20a. It now belongs to my wife.
Technology Electronic device
Wood Musical instrument

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Super nice!!:congrats:

Reactions: Grunt69

·
Registered
7,925 Posts
Man, totally awesome. I'll bet you have an American Express Card!

Mike T.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, totally awesome. I'll bet you have an American Express Card!

Mike T.
How did you know that??? Hard to support irresponsible spending with cash alone...

The tag said made in 1915, but from what I understand it's a bit of a challenge to determine exact manufacture date for these old Marlins.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
very nice

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts
They normally came with a half mag. Your full mag was a special order.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They normally came with a half mag. Your full mag was a special order.
I had never seen one of these and didn't realize the full tube was a special order until we made it home and I had time to do a little research. It is a really sweet little rifle and points well. Greymustang sent a good function check list that we'll run through before shooting live ammo and from what I've read, we'll limit the ammo to shorts or subsonic rounds. We just gotta find some range time soon!

·
Registered
7,925 Posts
How did you know that??? Hard to support irresponsible spending with cash alone...

The tag said made in 1915, but from what I understand it's a bit of a challenge to determine exact manufacture date for these old Marlins.
Ha Ha, that's one of the many reasons I do not have a credit card! At one time I acted like it was FREE MONEY. Sadly, it is not.

Wonderful looking piece of American history you bought!

Mike T.

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Congrats!:tee:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Oh wow!...We were in Bass Pro too and my wife wanted that very same rifle. Unfortunatly, I don't have the same American express! Hahaha. My wife is right handed but shoots lefty so she struggles with my lever guns and we've been looking for her a pump .22 rifle. That was sure a sweet rifle you bought! How'd you like the NRA museum? We really enjoyed looking at all the interesting firearms. So many good reasons for stopping in these days. Oh and of course it's not too far from Lamberts(Home of the throwed rolls)! Everyone who's ate there knows what I'm talking about!!! Congrats again on that little beauty and happy shootin!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.