Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
769 Posts
The Supreme Court Thursday ruled 6-3 that New York’s regulations that made it difficult to obtain a license to carry a concealed handgun were unconstitutionally restrictive, and that it should be easier to obtain such a license.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

NY trying to infringe, and now It maybe easy to get counseled carry permit, or maybe no permit is needed, the word is infringed

·
Administrator
30,589 Posts
Note the 6-3 guys, gives some hope ...................for our Country.

I heard GOV Newsom puked while gnashing his teeth. LOL

This is a severe blow to Newsom's totalitarian dreams of grandeur. It's great news for us here in commiefornia.

I've heard that this will affect additional CA gun control laws. According to some attorneys.

Jack

·
Administrator
30,589 Posts
Here ya go, I believe this gent is an attorney which comments on two big points regarding this decision.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
12,614 Posts
I love how NY gov Kathy Hochul called the ruling "reprehensible".
She was basically a failed lawyer so went into politics
Now she has the chutzpah to question the greatest legal minds in the country.
Classic Democrat.
So now - will this cause all those Maryland and New Jersey cases to be reviewed/tossed?
There's a guy serving time because they found an empty cartridge in his car! Stupid beyond belief!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Thank you Donald Trump. This is one of the biggest reasons I voted for him...twice. I live in NY state... Far western New York state. About ax far as you can get from NY City NY still be in the state. In my county it is straight forward to get a carry permit...fill out the forms...wait for the back ground check...wait for the permit. I can carry anywhere in New York...except New York city! Hoping this ruling will change that...but not sure.

Padraig

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thank you Donald Trump. This is one of the biggest reasons I voted for him...twice. I live in NY state... Far western New York state. About ax far as you can get from NY City NY still be in the state. In my county it is straight forward to get a carry permit...fill out the forms...wait for the back ground check...wait for the permit. I can carry anywhere in New York...except New York city! Hoping this ruling will change that...but not sure.
Padraig
'Shall NOT be Infringed'.
Surely, that Right IS being infringed by a requirement to 1) fill out the forms, 2) wait for a background check, 3) wait for the permit.
There should be NO such requirement/s, for any of the above items. Period.

·
Super Moderator
10,856 Posts
I love how NY gov Kathy Hochul called the ruling "reprehensible".
She was basically a failed lawyer so went into politics
Now she has the chutzpah to question the greatest legal minds in the country.
Classic Democrat.
So now - will this cause all those Maryland and New Jersey cases to be reviewed/tossed?
There's a guy serving time because they found an empty cartridge in his car! Stupid beyond belief!
The ruling is great for us gun owners but I have to stress that it still will not prevent over zealous despotic Liberal politicians and State officials from continuing to suppress your 2nd A rights at State level. They will obstruct the ruling by implementing frivolous fees and licensing requirements to delay you getting your carry permits. These Looney Libs are sore losers !

·
Banned
769 Posts

Padraig
It was the Supreme Court , did I miss something ? people sued and the Supreme Court Ruled

what did Donald Trump have to do with this ?

·
Banned
769 Posts
'Shall NOT be Infringed'.
Surely, that Right IS being infringed by a requirement to 1) fill out the forms, 2) wait for a background check, 3) wait for the permit.
There should be NO such requirement/s, for any of the above items. Period.
yes what that are saying , Because in NY State you had to prove why you need to carry, and that is the infringement and this will domino to other states that are the same
it takes 8 to 10 months OUTSIDE of NYC and a few years in NYC to get a carry permit

·
Administrator
30,589 Posts
It was the Supreme Court , did I miss something ? people sued and the Supreme Court Ruled

what did Donald Trump have to do with this ?

Trump gave us a few conservative Supreme Court justices.

Jack

1 - 20 of 41 Posts