Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way off topic since it isn't a Marlin or a lever gun, but, does anyone have any feedback on the Taurus Thunderbolt slide action rifles? The local stores have been selling them like crazy according to their own reports but don't have any word back on their performance. I don't know why, since I don't shoot CAS or anything, but I do sort of like the idea of picking one up in 45 Colt as a plinker.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=C45BR&category=Rifle

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
I have seen several for sale. I am not aware of how well they shoot but making the used market so soon after introduction may be an indicator. I would like t ohave one!!

Papalote

·
Registered
335 Posts
Right now, they're a little hit and miss. A lot of the earliest ones had to go back for repairs, and some were replaced with newer guns. There was one at a match I was at Saturday and he seemed to have no problems with it from what I saw. The .45's are all that's available now, but .38/.357 are supposed to be coming shortly. I'd say as long as you're getting a later production piece, you should have a pretty good chance at good functioning gun.......Buck 8) :roll: :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts