Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one of these in a local shop for not much. Are they scarce? It has the nylon stock of the 60s & I always thought they looked cheep. Any collector interest in these? I see some of the other nylon Rems are bringing prices I never dreamed possible. SW

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nebrahogger,
I have saw a couple of nice ones at gun shows for $400.00 and up.

coyote killer would be the man who would really be "in the know".

He was tim14655 on the old marlin talk board.

Regards,

Henry t

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hogger-

The Remington Nylon 76 was made for less than 2 years, from '62-'64. It was the only repeating lever action Remington made. I read somewhere that not a great number of them were made- there may indeed be collector interest in them, especially in very good or better condition...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The Palomino's were a Mossberg offering- quite a bit different than the Nylon 76... I have vague recollections of the name "Apache" being associated with the marketing of the 76, but could be wrong on this too..
I remember "Seneca Green" as a stock colour option on the 66, so anything is possible..." Mohawk Brown"....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Your right again Doc, sorry if I mislead anyone, sometimes my senior moments go for hours.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Mine too, Mike...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies! Work is a trifle busy - I will just have time to chase turkeys and get a short nap before it's off to work again, but I will haggle the price of the Rem when next I get over there. I still can't believe how the prices of the nylon Rems have climbed!! SW

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a Remington Nylon 66 (the semi-auto version) for a number of years. Available colors were Mohawk Brown, Seneca Green and Apache Black. I'm not sure if the same colors were available for the Nylon 76.
The Apache Black model had a chromed receiver cover while the others were blue.

There was also a bolt action version of the "Nylon" rifles but I don't recall the model number.

I just did a search of auctionarms.com and gunbroker.com for the Nylon 76 but no rifle listings were found.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts