Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about this? I have read two post on another forum talking about it but there is no hard evidence other than it was at the reno show.

Here is what was posted.

They will be in 30-06, 270, 25-06, synthetic or APG camo, just blue for now. MSRP $325 black, $356 in the camo.

Brochure to be posted shortly. Street price in the low 3s
Last week, a bunch of the folks from my local distributor went to the NASGW (National Assosiation of Sporting Goods Wholesalers) show out in Reno...

The one guy I spoke with so far said he saw the new Marlin XL-7 Bolt-Action rifle, he said he didin't look at the shotguns stuff too much (he's a rifle guy).
Initial reports were ...not bad...
Product search results for Marlin XL7
Marlin Rifles/Shotguns Marlin XL7 Bolt 270 Win 22" Blue Synthetic ... - $273.48 - xdpistols.com
Marlin Rifles/Shotguns Marlin XL7 Bolt 30-06 22" Blue Realtree All ... - $297.34 - xdpistols.com
Marlin Rifles/Shotguns Marlin XL7 Bolt 270 Win 22" Blue Realtree ...
I hope it is made in the US.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I really hope this is not true. I hate to think of Marlin wasting their marketing efforts on a plastic black gun when they could be comming out with new levergun offerings.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I only hope it has a shell dump(no blind magazine for me) and is very similar to the old Marlin Model 7. Hard to improve on a good thing. Savage and their sister company are already making budget bolt guns.....

Just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
If it is true you will hear me begging......"Oh please make one in 35 Whelen" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I would rather see them come out with another 30-30 or 38-55 Cowboy.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen one post saying that the rifle is made in the good ol USA. I hope that is correct.

I believe a whelen chambered in a marlin bolt action could follow me home. :D

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
OT new bolt action from Marlin X-L7

Seems to me that all anyone would have to do to sell a bunch of bolt action Marlins is to make them look like the pre 64 winchesters. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do. I don't know if I would be interested in a synthetic stocked Marlin bolt gun. I already have a Ruger and 4 Remingtons. I have a hard time deciding which one take hunting. They get mad at you if you don't take them hunting or to the range regularly. I can't stand to hear them crying.

Regards
Horseshoe

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I have a first year MR-7 in 30-06 and it is a great rifle. It has all the best features from the best rifles all in one package. I wouldn't part with mine for anything. But man I would love to have one in 35 Whelen :D

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Big Med,

Theres a fellow up Oregon way who rebores .30-06 to .35 whelen, I think for about $100-$150 IIRC.....name's Jesse Occompah or something like that. I started to have a .270 Rem 7600 pump done over to .35 but he said it would be much better to do one from an -06. Would've made a great bear/brush gun, maybe better than or not as good as a Big Bore Marlin Lever but in the same class.

I hope the new Marlin Bolt gun is like the old one, and not like a darned Stevens(cheap Savage knock-off with synthetic stock, Savage's barrel nut, blind magazine and little personality). Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I have a 35 Whelen in the Rem 700 Classic so it isn't like I don't have one :wink: There is no way I would modify my First year production MR-7 there is nothing wrong with the 30-06. I just wanted a Marlin in 35 Whelen :D

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
If Marlin came back out with the MR7 it would be fine. Would like a back up magazine for the two I have now. A 30/06 with factory iron sights and a 270 unfired. The worst thing Marlin could do in make a Winchester clone. Remember they went out of buisness!!!

A dealer going out of buisness left some rifles at friends store to sell. One was a Winchester featherweight in 6.5x55 and the bolt serial no matched the receiver. Guess what, didn't even fit the reciever ... hmmm how could they proof test. Ya would have to pay me to take a Winchester ... mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts