Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if any of you are familiar with this rifle? Have a couple questions. This one is in .308 Win., I think I have condition set, but need to know a couple things. First is how to get the bolt out, I couldn't see any bolt release when I looked it over. Second is my BB lists checkered stock. This one is checkered okay, but there are also deer heads included in the checkering. Was that the way they came from the factory? I was trying to set value for my old neighbor whose husband was the owner and has passed away.
It also has a scope on it, a Bushnell Command Post 2 3/4x Scopechief II. Not being familiar with old scopes, does this one have any collector value?......Buck 8) :roll: :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Not positive Buck, but I think you simply hold the trigger back, while pulling the bolt back. That should disengage it, and allow it to pull free.
The Mossberg 800's in asst. variations don't bring big bucks. They usually sell in the $200-$250 range, if they're in excellent condition.
The .308 was the largest caliber offered.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Does it have a butterknife bolt handle? My Father had a 22-250 forever and it was a super shooting rifle. His you just held the trigger back like mm93 said and pulled the bolt free. I seem to remember the safety had to be disengaged. moodyholler

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I believe it was like a butterknife. I kinda thought we were looking at $200-$250, pricewise. Any thoughts on the scope??? 8) :roll: :?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Stroebel lists them at $50.00-$85.00. Scale goes from good to excellent+.

HTH

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts