Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like $&!T. Yesterday I had to put my little Chinese Pug, JunGu (Korean for Big Eyes) down. He went ill pretty fast. Two months ago we found out he had diabetes. We started him on insulin injections & he immediately perked right up. Within 24 hours he was his old self again. He was fine for many weeks & then all of a sudden wouldn't eat. A couple of days after that he started getting jaundiced. I rushed him to the vet but by then he was in irreverseable liver & kidney failure. Yesterday at 14:00 the Vet & I decided to put him down. It was very peaceful & he died in my arms. My wife & I have another dog, a hunting Beagle named Daisy. She (Daisy) has been very attentive to us both, for she misses JunGu too. She has been a great comfort to us; but I sure miss my friend. :cry:

(GJ, I posted this here simply because it's the forum where I'm most active & where my MO friends are. If you need to move it let me know.)

·
Registered
562 Posts
My dogs are closer to me than some of my relatives. I wish the good ones would live much longer than they do. Some of my hardest days were when Max , Amber and Diamond went on to the next level.

·
Premium Member
10,621 Posts
Dave,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss............Pets become like children.......I know, we've lost a few....................

Tomray
nra life

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
David,

It hurts like hell, I know. We had to do the same thing a little over a year ago. It was 8 months before I could consider getting another dog. They really get to be important in our lives.

My sympathies for you in this time of loss.

Dick

·
Super Moderator
15,355 Posts
Dawei, sorry for your loss, i know the feeling as I'm sure many of us here do. What Rowdy posted... it's perfect :) This little mutt (Rusty) has been my best friend for the past 9 years and when his time comes i'm not going to be myself for some time. :( He showing some hip problems lately, favoring his right leg. When the wife brought him home, his hair dragged on the floor, almost wound up named Enddust! :wink:
sucking up a little sun.

loving up to momma!

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
So sorry for your loss Dawei.. Pets are children only with fur...

·
Super Moderator
15,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys. rickt300,bsn, fargus080, Tomray, Rowdy, WyoStillhunter, mr fixit, and Gunjunkie; your kind words and thoughts have really meant a lot to my wife & I during our time of grief & sadness.

·
Premium Member
14,840 Posts
David,

Not much I can say other than I am very sorry to hear this. We certainly know how it feels brother.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Jerry

This is Jerry-Lee, we had to let him go two weeks ago. He got where he couldn't get up without help and sometimes couldn't stand without help. It is one of the toughest things you can do to let an animal go. He is still with us in spirit. Life would be alot harder to deal with if their were no dogs! I feel your pain.

He was Marlin dog.....with his 45/70

·
Banned
3,044 Posts
You just have to be thankful for the time we get with them . Never thought I would want a lapdog, DONT pet a dashound pup on the head. :lol:

·
Banned
3,044 Posts
You just have to be thankful for the time we get with them . Never thought I would want a lapdog, DONT pet a dashound pup on the head. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
David, I lost my little black Pom a little over 20 years ago, & I still miss her. At times I wake up thinking she is on my pillow. I know what you are going through. They are a big part of the family. 444 :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dawei... sorry for your loss. We've lost a black lab and chow/samoyed mix recently as well as a young filly and a mature Arabian within the last year. As everyone has said, time helps with the loss of a close animal.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
The doxi my folks had was with us 17 years, longer than most. After her there have been several, full size and mini, last one was an English Sheppard that made it to ten. She was dislocating her hips just walking across the yard. Doing the right thing is not always easy. Sorry for your loss.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts