Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i looked at marlin 22 model 39's today in huntsville al.....but then i saw the Winchester model 67, with a groved stock....this was a 1930 model only, then they cahnged to solid wood forearms....mom is shooting this type in a 1951 picture when she was 17~i will get a update photo of her next month shooting it at 72!
Boys~i am happy tonight!.... :wink:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've got a 67 with the grooved stock that was given to me by an old friend who died last year at 86.He got it new as a real young man and kept it all his life.It was his first gun and the last to get rid of.It shoots great but looks warn.I just cant bring myself to redue it.It would clean up nicely but in refinishing the stock I'd have to remove the Easter Bunny decal he put on it so many years ago.I think I'll just leave it be,I remember old Emil every time I look at the easter bunny.........thanks Emil for your memorys

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
That's two Wrenchesters in a row for you! Remember the rules! Three Winnies in a row, and you're banned from the forum! :wink:
Congrats! :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I've got at least 5 that I know of right off-hand in the vault- not '67's, but Winchesters all the same.... I guess I musta disappeared already :wink: !

Nice find Kaintuck! Good luck with the updates pic!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mine belonged to my Grandmother and has the grooved stock and is cherry. I learned to shoot on that rifle. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Kaintuck,

That is just FANTASTIC! Great find, one of these days I'll get a Winchester bolt action .22.

About 10 years before he died dad got a WW2 commemorative Luger for WW2 victory. That war changed him for life but it also helped make him what with the experience, the GI bill and all, helped propel him to going from farmer, truckdriver, soldier, to medical doctor! Anyway one of my favorite pictures is of me holding the commemorative Luger and dad holding his REAL one, personally taken off of a dead German officer in eastern France. I keep the picture with the pistols. That is really cool you have that picture of your mom shooting when she was 17 and now with the same model rifle you are going to update the picture. You will always cherish it and I can sure see why you are happy!

Geoff

G

·
First gun I ever bought or got for that matter was a Winchester 67 paid $15 for it used in 1968 and still have it . Mine is not the grooved type thou. Killed a lot of squirrels with that little rifle 8)

·
Registered
421 Posts
that ole 67

One just like that one sitting in the back of my gun-safe. My Mother's rifle. My first rifle. My Grandad had me shooting it with him holding it up before I quit dirtying my pants. A lot of kids fired it as a first gun, and several killed their first squirrel or groundhog with it. Many beeves and hogs dropped by it, as we killed and processed for a meat store in town. I also killed neighbors sick animals with it. Usually paid me 50 cents and that would buy a box of shorts. The stock has been redone, the rear sight replaced by a homemade sight and there is not a speck of blue on it. But if a gun ever earned it's keep this one has! long live single shots!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts