Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm in my hometown visiting i occasionally swing by the lgs after eating breakfast at the cafe with the owner just to see what's new. This is how my 32-20cl came home with me. A few weeks ago I spot a 1895 22" JM on the rack looking all new and unmolested. Astounding figure in the wood and a fit/finish as good as anything I have if not better. Seriously can't even see it's been fired, or levered more that a couple times. Very nice. Other irons in the fire. Walked away. Pretty sure I can get it for $550 out the door. Decent price?

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I think that is a good price. I was searching for a 45-70 to add to my collection a few months back and I couldn't find one for that price. Mostly I was only finding new 1895 Classics for sale. I didn't see any JM built. The new ones that I was seeing started at around 600 for the rifle alone.

-Bob

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I'd say if you want one grab that one. Having looked it over & liking what you saw I'd get it.
The price sounds reasonable & even if it is a little high give it two years & it'll have been a bargain.:congrats:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Yes, I have one waiting for me for $535.00 out the door in same condition at the local Pawn Shop. I think that is a good price.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
The price of JM stamped Marlins are sky rocketing of late. The reason i think is because new shooters seem educated in the difference between a Remlin and a real Marlin which has taxed the supply and demand of the pre Remlin guns. eh

Reactions: Sparky civil

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
He set it back for me. Now I just gotta figure out how to swing it.
''

Hey SC,

Good for you! That is a great price (in today's "market")!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts

Hey Sparky,

I'm confused. Are you buying a fine gun........or are you buying a low price? Pay what it is worth to you, we can tell you anything....we are not buying it...:biggrin:

I have guns that I paid way too much for years ago but it didn't matter because I wanted them. Now those prices would be a steal.

If you want it go for it.....but don't just buy it because it cheap......unless it's for resale.

JB

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JB, I've had an eye out for a 1895 for some time. I've just been torn between a couple different ones. I was gonna trade one that I've been wrestling with for 2 years and I'm tired.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
He set it back for me. Now I just gotta figure out how to swing it.

Will he let you make payments? Some shops will let you make payments if you make a reasonable payment each month?
Kind of a lay-away program???

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Hey Sparky, I wish you'd buy mine. But it will be higher.

Seriously, I like JB's advise. Good Luck!!

Also like the notion the JMs are going up. Might help fund some future infatuation.

Maybe we ought to start a club. Everyone in it has to take a gun off the hands of a fellow MO club member who is trying to fund his addiction. In turn you are guaranteed the same consideration. And the hickey just keeps getting rolled to another member, disguising the outlays from those who try to hold us accountable!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts