Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot about these until cleaning out the safe last weekend. When I bought my 45 a few years ago, it included 3 original Marlin mags. These are stainless steel, with a rounded anti-tilt follower, and stamped

MARLIN
CAL .45 AUTO

on the floor plate. They are absolutely pristine, appear to have no visible signs of actually being loaded. These are one of the nicest looking 1911 style mags from a construction standpoint I've seen. Don't need them, as I've since been using the 11 rd MecGar exclusively. I seem to recall these were selling for $70-75 each back when I bought it. My Wife is an avid Ebay addict and wants to list these.

Just looking for an honest present day value these might fetch from a Marlin collector to determine if it is worth the effort of listing them.

Thanks in advance for any sincere responses.

:congrats:

·
Registered
102 Posts
You'll see some crazy prices being "asked" for those mags. That doesn't mean that's what they're selling for. I'm also sure that a few might have sold for some ridiculous prices. The last one I bought, at a local gun show, was in 'like new' condition and I paid the guy's asking price of $15. And the only reason I bought it was that I didn't have a real nice original for one of my Camps. I don't even use the ones I have, as I prefer the 10 round McCormicks when at the range.

·
Registered
66 Posts
These are indeed the right 10 rounders, bought a pair from Midway and they look OK. On another note, I also got a pair of 7 round "factory style" mags ($16.25 ea) from Numrich. They are identical except for the base plate is missing the "Marlin" name and the follower is a little different. Numrich shows to have original factory mags in stock for $67.35 ea!

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.