Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Sunday is our October gun show. The theme for displays will be "Big Bores" The show starts at 7:00 AM, so get there early.
I'm settign up my display of .45-70's, which will consist of 1881 Marlin, 1895 Marlin, Ballard #4, Ballard #5, Remington Hepburn #3, Remington Rolling Block #1, and Ruger #1 Lyman Centennial Cased set.
If you're in the area, bring out your Big Bores and join us!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lyman made the scope, and most of the accessories in the Lyman Centennial set. Dies, cleaning rod, etc. I think the only non gun item in the cased set they didn't make was the ammo, but even it has their name on it. Guess I'll have to retake this picture with the new camera!

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Almost forgot! Yes, I have no self control, so I have fired the Ruger. Actually the previous owner said he also couldn't let it sit, and fired a box of ammo through it too.
It's a great shooter, and extremely accurate, but as neat as the Lyman scope looks, it's small diameter, and 4x magnification makes it somewhat less of a scope than your typical Lyman Targetspot, or Alaskan. Still it makes a nice package.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, the mold casts a 500 grain flat point. I'll never use the mold, as I've got 4 molds for the .45-70 from 300-550 grainers. The mold in the set is a commemorative marked to match the set. I can hold off using it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts