Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Aside from the scope that's the same setup I have on my .444P. You will like it.

Reactions: jbaker30

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I've got that scout mount set up on my 1894 S/S 44 rifle , and the XS Rail set up on my 1895 S/S 45~70 , and also on my 336 , 30`30 rifle . I like both systems real well , but I like the XS Rail set ups just a little better . Both are Good set ups though , having that scope mounted far forward and Low is IT" , on these lever guns , if your gonna have um scoped , or Ghost ring sights ....

Magnum

·
Registered
473 Posts
I went with the Lever Rail for my scout set up like the SBL uses. Love the scout set up on the guide.

Ken

·
Registered
34 Posts
My FX-II is on the truck for delivery today. Had already purchased the QRW and XS Mounts earlier. I suspect we'll be both on the range this weekend trying it out...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My setup should be in tomorrow i cant wait to try it out. From all the responses sounds like it will be nice.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have the Leupold QRW rings on a few rifles, including my 1895GS with a traditional scope. They work great and hold zero. The first time I removed the scope to use sights and then put it back on my GS I forgot to flip down my rear sight. When I tightened the rings I broke my sight. Luckily scope was fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts