Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow Shooters:

I ordered a new Marlin rimfire today only because I never owned this model and felt like buying a new rifle. It's a Marlin model 60SS. Don't really need it but it caught my eye. Figured that if I didn't like it I'd give it to my son. :wink:

What can I expect from this rifle? I've never had a bad Marlin; could this end my string of successes with Marlin?

Well, it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday so I'll let you know what happens. GOOD SHOOTING! :) Range Finder

·
Registered
15 Posts
Range Finder,

I don't know. Have you ever owned a model 60 before? Could be an interesting experience. Having owned 6 of them at one time or another I know I'm in no hurry to be a model 60 owner again. However my favorite gunshop has a used one marked down to $65 that has had me thinking. I don't know if I'm getting sick or stupid to think about it, but I am thinking, maybe that's why I don't own it yet! :wink:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don"t know about new ones but I bought a used one for $60.00 2 years ago and it digests everything I feed it with a preferance for the Remington in the bulk pack from Wally-World. I clean the action about every 750 rds. and it works flawlesly with pretty good accuracy from whatever it is fed including stingers. A lot of other people have trouble with them so maybe mine is the exception to the rule. You pay your money and you take your chances. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Range Finder,

Very interesting. My father had the lack of better sense to buy a model 60 from Wal-mart and was just playing hell getting it to feed let alone shoot accurately. In a last ditch effort to get it going he asked to borrow the last few of those cheap bulk remington's I had on hand from Wally World and it turned things totally around for him! It feeds and more unbelievable is it shoots!!! He'd better hope they don't discontinue that cheap load any time soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts