Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had paid more attention to this knife, had a gift knife while working in a grocery store about 25 years ago. Blade was serrated, clip point, handles were "pearl" or similar, single blade if I recall was about 3". It was great for peeling citrus fruit (the produce manager, Crazy Ed, told me they were given out as small favors from salespeople). I believe the maker was Schrade. Anyone seen something like this? You could mesmerize people with peeling oranges with this, one long skinny orange peel. I'd love to find another. Lost mine years ago.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Don't know that I have :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have been carrying a Swiss Army "Executive" knife for about 20 years in my pocket. The steel in the knife blades are not the best, but I love the orange peeler and the nail file. I picked a second one up several years ago on Evil bay for less than $10.00. I have not found anything that I like better for peeling oranges. It is a small knife and great for carrying in my slacks. You almost forget you have it on you. I have forgot about it and got caught in metal detectors several times with it. Here is a web site to show you the knife. Check it out, and decide for your self.

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/shop/swiss-army/executive-swiss-army-knives/swiss-army-executive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts