Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lookin for a new rifle, and would like to hear why you like your rifle. What are the good points.... and all of the bad :shock:

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I have one of the MDM Buckwacka magnums. It is a 50 cal breakopen, just like a single shotgun. Easy to clean, uses a 209 shotgun primer. And it is very accurate. It shoots about 1.25-2.0 inches at 100 yards. It shoots the Hornady SST sabots and the 295 grain Power belts very well. I like the power belts because you can just thumb start them. I have a Williams Firesight and Williams WGRS aprature sight on it. Last night I toasted a rabbit at about 80 yards with that rifle. I have several BP rifles, TC Omega .45 cal, Rem 700ML .50cal, Marlin ML .54, 2 Colt Muskets .58, and a Enfield musket .577, This MDM rifle is my favorite. I wouldnt wste your money on a colt they are a POS and an expensive POS at that. The Enfield is a good rifle 6 years ago I shot a nice B&C buck at 150 yards with that rifle. The Marlin is a good gun, accurate but a pain in the ass to clean. The TC is a good rifle also, it doesnt like the power belts, but shoots the TC and Hornady sabots well, about like the MDM. The TC is also pretty easy to clean. But I still find myself reaching for the MDM.

·
Registered
289 Posts
1. Relatively inexpensive, so I can beat it up tromping through the swamps and no harm no foul.

2. Accurate enounh for everything I want to do. With open sigts I've shot a few 100 yard groups around 3".

3. Light weight.

4:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well,,,,,,,I bought my first inline at the end of season last year. I have several hawken and kentucky sidelocks as well as a 20 ga. double percussion.

This inline is a Traditions Buckhunter Pro lightweight that was on sale at a local gun shop and a discontinued model I think. 209 primer ignition. It shoots wonderfully with a variety of powerbelts and sabots. I put a BSA 4X scope on it. I paid $79.00 for the rifle, $24.00 for the scope and $17.00 for the mount/rings.

This rifle shoots very good. At 100 yards, Powerbelts sometimes touch holes. Most sabots I've tried group about 2 inches.

I've only used 777 pellets so far. 100 and 150 grain charges seem to shoot equally as well. I have loose 777 but have not tried it yet. I can't imagine a more accurate inline than this one is at any price. It fits me well.

It's easy to break down, clean and reassemble. The barrel is smooth and bright. It has a really good trigger. I like the safety too. It might not be as pretty as some, but it sure is simple and seems very well made.

I like it a lot, even if it is a very inexpensive setup.

It is just like the 209 Tracker that Traditions shows on their website but has a two inch shorter barrel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Knight Wolverine here. Mine has been great. If I do my part, a deer 150 yards away is in the freezer. It might do well past this range but I've never had a deer in my sights at a longer distance. I paid $225 for mine, new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts