Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I have a subscription and do use it as a reference and to compare loads. As with anything on the internet, caution is advised, but I haven't seen anything outlandish. There are a lot of loads listed and it does provide a good quick basis for comparison. I'd be very interested to hear from some of the much more experienced loaders here too.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Have used it for a few years. All the data on it is from published sources. Various powder/bullet manuals, and also Handloader.com articles. I have a couple loading manuals (Lymans and Hodgden), but I really rely on Loaddata.com for my loads and comparisons. Then verify the loads elsewhere before I use them.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
It's one of many sources and references that I use for potential loading data. I don't consider a load unless I can verify it in at least two, preferably three, reliable sources. Understand, of course, that the same load found in several places, referenced back to the powder manufacturer's data, only counts as one.

No one source for reloading data has everything I want or need... and even then I always seem to load towards the milder side of any given cartridge.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like others who've commented, I subscribe and use loaddata.com as an additional resource. I may be a little more reckless than others, but since I primarily load handgun rounds I'll test fire them in my Redhawks if they look a little too hot...observing each one for overpressure. I think it's the best resource online...but again, just another tool that you need to apply common sense when using...just like when you use a hammer...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Never used loaddata.com. I have well over 15 manuals and I do check Stevespages.com just to see what he has

Doc

·
Premium Member
15,419 Posts
It is a decent resource

·
Registered
210 Posts
You can also take a look at the load data pages off of Cast Bullet Load Data. It's linked off the castboolits forum website.

Reactions: grizbear13
1 - 9 of 9 Posts