Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished repairing my circa 1967 Golden 39A. I installed a new lifter and new finger lever. The lifter was as close to a drop in as it could be. I only needed about 5 passes on part of it with a diamond needle file. The lever was not as easy. I had minor grinding where the lever engages the lifter. The cam end of the lever that engages the bolt was way too long. I ground out quite a lot. I still have a gap between the lever and the frame where the stop is. I have a pic to show it. The rifle functions as it should. The action is tight but smooth. I can feel the cam lock the bolt in place. I am of the opinion to not grind anymore off and leave the gap, since there is no safety to engage there. Any opinions and expert advice would be appreciated. The hammer is back on the pic, but the rifle is empty. I used the plastic dummy rounds for testing. also the gap was 3 times as wide when I started.

Shotgun

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Agree with leave as is until you have 1,000 or so rounds through it. It is much easier to take metal off than add some back on if needed!

Reactions: Scorpiusb
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.